Senior Actuarial Analyst
Remote · United States
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2023
Interwell Health is a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare—with the expertise, scale, compassion, and vision to set the standard for the industry and help patients live their best lives. We are on a mission to help people and we know the work we do changes their lives. If there is a better way, we will create it. So, if our mission speaks to you, join us!
Responsible for analyzing and monitoring related data across the enterprise, applying business knowledge and expertise to support business initiatives and solve business problems, and communicating results and findings to key stakeholders. Responsible for the development, coordination and management of medical economics, models, health services outcome studies and is responsible for the design and development of integrated data analysis products and Pharmacoeconomics data analysis.
The work you will do:
- Performs assigned actuarial analyses tasks in support of pricing, reserving, provider contract development, and product development. This includes utilizing actuarial systems and programming skills to access and organize the data, performing the applicable actuarial calculations, analyzing moderate to complex information, assessing the reasonability of results and drawing conclusions, updating exhibits and slides, and completing documentation.
- Assist in the development of pricing methodologies, analysis of the plan's risk pool and identification of trends in FMC's cost structure.
- Support management in the financial feasibility of potential acquisitions, joint ventures, and startup businesses by providing complex analyses and financial models for diverse financial data.
- Prepare presentations for review by management, board of directors, and diverse governing bodies by providing diverse financial data.
- Development of revenue and medical claims expense models for evaluating and projecting risk-based contracts with health plan clients, ACOs and government partners.
- Drive decision making around proposed contract changes and financial evaluation of specific contract terms.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in medical economics in relation to Medicare and Managed Care.
- Ensures data integrity is maintained throughout the reporting lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Finance and other internal departments, including clinical, to analyze financial value of vendor contracts.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Prior experience in multi-location environment within the healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database and email applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead effective and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Pursuing ASA designation
Our mission is to reinvent healthcare to help patients live their best lives, and we proudly live our mission-driven values:
- We care deeply about the people we serve.
- We are better when we work together.
- Humility is a source of our strength.
- We bring joy to our work.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. Everyone is welcome and included. We value our differences and learn from each other. Our team members come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. No matter how you identify your lifestyle, creed, or fandom, we value everyone's unique journey.
Oh, and one more thing … a recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
Come join us and help our patients live their best lives. Learn more at www.interwellhealth.com.
See more open positions at Interwell Health
Something looks off?