Population Health Registered Nurse (Bilingual) ($5k Sign On Bonus)
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Interwell Health is a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare—with the expertise, scale, compassion, and vision to set the standard for the industry and help patients live their best lives. We are on a mission to help people and we know the work we do changes their lives. If there is a better way, we will create it. So, if our mission speaks to you, join us!
Population Health Nurses promote quality care, positive patient outcomes, and a positive patient experience by providing guidance, support, education, and care coordination to patients living with kidney disease. They are the subject matter experts and resource for patients, colleagues, clinic staff, and other healthcare professions on a patient's care team. They provide care both virtually via phone and in person in clinic.
The work you will do:
- Utilize nursing knowledge, clinical judgement, interdisciplinary collaboration, and critical thinking to develop individualized interventions to meet patient needs and facilitate coordination of care for assigned patients.
- Assess patients' knowledge of late-stage CKD and treatments. Educate and inform patients to support them in delaying the progression of kidney disease and when appropriate to manage health issues during the transition to their chosen renal replacement therapy.
- Collaborate with providers and appropriate staff to ensure patients and family members (if applicable) receive comprehensive information on specific modality advantages and disadvantages, hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation and conservative care, as well as education on hemodialysis access types to ensure a successful transition from chronic kidney disease to dialysis.
- Participate in the interpretation of summary clinical data and its use in improving late-stage CKD care processes.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- Minimum of 2 years renal patient care or chronic disease management previous experience required.
- Active, unrestricted nursing license to practice in Puerto Rico required.
- A combination of renal transplant, dialysis, or CKD patient care preferred.
- Understanding of diabetes and cardiovascular disease processes preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be bilingual - Spanish proficiency required.
- Must reside locally and be able to travel to practices as needed throughout Puerto Rico.
Our mission is to reinvent healthcare to help patients live their best lives, and we proudly live our mission-driven values:
- We care deeply about the people we serve.
- We are better when we work together.
- Humility is a source of our strength.
- We bring joy to our work.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. Everyone is welcome and included. We value our differences and learn from each other. Our team members come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. No matter how you identify your lifestyle, creed, or fandom, we value everyone's unique journey.
Oh, and one more thing … a recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
Come join us and help our patients live their best lives. Learn more at www.interwellhealth.com.
See more open positions at Interwell Health
Something looks off?