Senior Azure Data Developer
The work you will do:
- Designs and develops database systems, processes and documentation, based on the requirements of the company. This includes collecting data, analyzing data, designing algorithms, drawing flowcharts and implementing code.
- Collaborates effectively with the development groups to deliver projects to the satisfaction of the client in a timely fashion.
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest and newest technologies in the areas of specific relevancy to the Data Architecture group for utilization as appropriate within the department. Identifies and researches enhancement options and process improvements making suggestions to senior managers as needed.
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning.
- Write and deploy SQL code.
- Guide and mentor junior teammates acting as a resource with respect to the definition of development processes, methodologies and frameworks and other technical aspects of the projects and provides direction and assistance regarding working with users and the process and issues encountered with user interaction.
- Become skilled with the architecture and technology supporting the DataWarehouse, to design and develop accordingly.
- Ensure the distribution of knowledge for processes being designed and built within the team to ensure assigned jobs are completed accurately and according to schedule and that all deadlines are met.
- Ensure the design of sufficient documentation for easy and smooth hand-over of projects.
- Participate in the formulation and design of methodologies.
- Trains in developing with tools that are available with the DataWarehouse infrastructure and help with development, where appropriate.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- 5-8 years related experience with bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree with 3 years’ experience.
- Must feel comfortable programming in C#
- Ability to architect simple and complex solutions related to integration with other applications and design.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present formally to users and customers during gathering requirements, workshops, and feedback sessions.
- Experience working under tight deadline while maintaining high product relevance and quality.
- Azure/SQL focus
- 5-8 years’ experience using Azure Data Factory pipelines
- 5 years’ experience working with Azure databases
- Extensive experience with MS SQL stack. (SSIS and ADF)
- Extensive experience with Azure - Cloud migration.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops