Renal Care Coordinator ($10k Sign On)
The work you will do:
- Assesses patient knowledge of late-stage CKD and treatments, educating and informing patients to enable them to make informed decisions regarding the steps to manage health issues during the transition to RRT. Provides support, guidance, and coordination of care for patients seeking conservative care or palliative care.
- Acts as a liaison with appropriate staff to ensure every patient and family member (if applicable) receives comprehensive information on specific modality advantages and disadvantages, hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation, and conservative care, as well as education on hemodialysis access types with a focus on the health and safety benefits of AV Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
- Organizes the Nephrology Practice late-stage CKD patient population regarding CKD education, including modality selection, permanent access placement and maintenance, and a stable transition to RRT.
- Participates in the interpretation of summary clinical data and its use in improving late-stage CKD care processes.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in clinical renal patient care.
- A combination of renal transplant, dialysis, or CKD patient care required.
- Understanding of diabetes and cardiovascular disease processes preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.