Director of Engineering
- Provide technical and managerial leadership across multiple teams, including full stack engineers, Salesforce developers, architects, and DevOps.
- Lead the development of extensions and integrations for Epic Health EHR suite of products, including Epic MyChart.
- Be a thought leader and mentor to engineers developing using one or more of the following: full stack JS development (Node.JS, React, Angular) and experience in a RESTful API framework (Ruby on Rails, .NET, Django, etc.)
- Work closely with the VP of Technology and other senior leadership to align engineering initiatives with company strategy.
- Oversee the development and execution of software projects ensuring they meet quality, scope, and timeline goals.
- Lead the hiring, onboarding, and continuous training of high caliber engineering talent.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and Agile Scrum development.
- Lead DevOps and platform engineering teams working in a multi-cloud environment of Azure and AWS
- Ensure engineering best practices, including architectural review, code reviews, and CI/CD processes.
- Manage team budgets, headcount projections, and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with other departments, like Product Management, Sales, and Marketing, to align engineering output with business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 - 15 years of experience managing engineering teams, with extensive experience in guiding full stack and Salesforce developers.
- Mastery of: full stack JS development (Node.JS, React, Angular) & RESTful API framework (Ruby on Rails, .NET, Django, etc.)
- Strong background in full stack development, Salesforce, and cloud-based solutions.
- Proven experience with developing extensions and integrations for Epic Health EHR products, including Epic MyChart is a plus
- Experience leading DevOps and platform engineering teams
- In-depth experience with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Experience leading and developing a Secure Software Development Lifecycle compatible with HIPAA and additional security frameworks (HitTrust, Soc2 Type 2, etc.)