- As a Scrum Master, you will instruct the Scrum Team on the application of Scrum and SAFe practices and patterns, ensuring the delivery of high-quality products and services to our customers.
- You will adeptly switch between various coaching stances (coaching, mentoring, teaching, facilitating) to enhance the agile skills and mindset of the team members.
- In your role, you will cultivate an environment that motivates and empowers team members, emphasizing accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
- You will aid your team(s) in achieving a high level of performance by fostering self-organization and cohesion within the team.
- You will oversee and support all Scrum events including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective, as well as PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt sessions.
- You will also guide the Product Owner(s) in creating user stories, prioritizing tasks, and refining the Product Backlog to ensure the team concentrates on technical needs, such as improvements to testing and deployment processes.
- You will boost team productivity by eliminating obstacles that may hinder the team's pursuit of their goals, ensuring work visibility for continuous progress and quick response to changes.
- By leveraging data and team metrics, you will demonstrate team capacity, predictability, and maturity.
- Working in collaboration with other team members, you will contribute to the enhancement of Agile practices within the organization through Communities of Practice.
- Your work will significantly impact the results of the department, influencing departmental strategies. You will make decisions on moderately complex issues, exercising discretion and judgment over policies and practices, working independently to determine the approach to your work and set priorities and timelines.
- You will ensure that the Scrum framework is implemented correctly, and all team members understand and follow Scrum principles and practices.
- You will coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionality, helping them continuously improve their processes and work methods.
- You will protect the team from external disruptions and distractions to maintain their focus on sprint goals.
- You will foster open and transparent communication within the team and with stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is aware of the project's progress.
- You will help in defining, interpreting and driving closure to relevant agile metrics that track the team's performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Agile/Scrum certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM) preferred.
- Extensive experience as a Scrum Master, with a proven track record of successfully leading Agile teams. Ideally 3-5 years of relevant experience
- You should also have a minimum of two years' experience working with agile methodologies on large, technically challenging projects.
- A comprehensive understanding of agile methodologies, their values, practices, and patterns is essential.
- A proven track record of coaching and mentoring others is required, as well as a demonstrated ability to facilitate the removal of obstacles.
- Skills in facilitation, presentation, influence, and relationship management are necessary for this role.
- Experience with Agile Tracking tools (agile lifecycle management tools) such as Jira
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Continuous learning and adaptability.