Healthcare Data Analyst
The work you will do:
- Responsible for running queries and providing required analysis in order to understand related drivers (such as medical cost and utilization), as well as providing insightful commentary and sensitivity modeling analysis.
- Perform research and collection of data, including data mining and reporting, which is provided to various customers.
- Perform assigned tasks in support of internal and external client reporting. Utilize systems and programming skills to access and organize the data, analyze moderate to complex information, assess reasonability of results, draw conclusions, update exhibits and slides, and finalize documentation.
- Demonstrate competence in communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive efforts to continually improve data capabilities and quality of department analysis and reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and assessments to support finance, business development, or process improvement initiatives.
The skills and qualifications you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5+ years of healthcare data experience.
- Proven experience in SQL and SAS with the ability to create tables, data relationships, write queries, and develop stored procedures.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and email applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.