We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the best healthcare data architecture in the industry. We are rapidly growing and expanding our infrastructure stack and adopting SRE best practices.
You will be joining the Sentinel team. We build, operate, and constantly improve our infrastructure offerings for 150+ customer organizations. The team achieves our business goals by adopting best infrastructure practices and leveraging 100% automation to scale our product offerings and reduce costs.
You will work with passionate team members across the country, and to accomplish our goal: reduce the burden of disease.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Developed a deep understanding of Sentinel and Sentinel’s customers
- Built and operated cloud infrastructure (AWS) based on customer requirements
- Solved any development and deployment challenges around making Sentinel’s infrastructure highly reliable, easy to maintain, and cost effective
- Participated in the development, execution, and support of the new feature rollout with solution architects and customer success teams
- Developed and contributed to existing and new monitoring and alerting systems for Sentinel infrastructure
- Hardened infrastructure security including network, storage, user access etc.
- Responded and solved key customer reported issues in a timely manner
- Taken part in an on-call rotation
What you bring to Komodo:
- Excited about automation, building scalable technical solutions, and being a team player
- Proficiency in at least one of the mainstream programming languages such as Python and/or Java, with deep technical troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Terraform, Scalr, and or other similar tools
- Experience with AWS’s core services (or the equivalents in Azure or GCP) and their relationships; ability to create solutions based on users’ high-level descriptions, learn new cloud technologies and use them as needed, etc.
- Hands-on experience in building CI/CD pipelines using GitActions, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience in networking, subnets, CIDR, etc. that are applicable to deploying applications and making sure they are accessible to our users across the globe
- Hands-on experience with scripting (bash and/or power shell)
- Knowledge of operating system basics (Linux and/or Windows)
- Knowledge of main cloud vendors and big-data tools and frameworks like Spark, Airflow, and/or Snowflake
- Working knowledge of data modeling, schema design, data storage with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL), NoSQL(e.g. DynamoDB, Redis), MPP databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to initiate and effectively drive projects proactively
- Passion! We hope you are passionate about our mission and technology
- Ownership! We hope you own your work, be accountable, and push it through the finish line. We hope you treat yourself as a cofounder and do not hesitate to share any idea that helps Komodo
- Expertise! We do not need you to know everything, but we hope you have deep knowledge in at least one area and can start contributing quickly. And we would love to learn from you in your area(s) of expertise as well.
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.