Market Strategy & Innovation Lead, Commercial Life Sciences
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The MSI Lead acts as the synthesized voice of their respective market (i.e. customers, partners, internal stakeholders and the competitive landscape) to define a market strategy (where, why and how we win) and champion customer needs throughout Komodo.
The MSI Lead leverages their market strategy at the intersection of Product/Engineering, Technical Solutions, Data Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Corporate Development to shape the product roadmap and go-to-market approach to successfully engage customers with the appropriate Komodo set of solutions and services that deliver value and drive top line ARR growth.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Defined the prioritized “what and the why” for solutions, features, and expected Commercial impact (ROI)
- Successfully partnered in a matrixed organization across Corporate Development, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to drive clarity and alignment around the ability to win repeatedly and predictably within their market segment
- Informed the development of a product roadmap in line with company strategy and objectives to drive top line ARR growth for a portfolio of solutions in their respective market
- Met externally with customers, partners, and stakeholders to better understand market and customer needs, near-term and long-term, to shape and inform Komodo Product Roadmap and go-to-market approach
- Met internally with key stakeholders across Komodo synthesize customer needs and present the “voice of the customer” for their respective market’s stakeholders, and present key insights that inform and shape Product road mapping back to Product and Engineering, Data Product and Corporate Development organizations
- Partnered closely with Marketing to develop and provide feedback on messaging resonating with customers; opportunities to cross sell and upsell. Inform the evolution of our value proposition and create selling stories.
- Supported enablement and training for Customer-facing resources to ensure ongoing training and development in alignment with Product Roadmap, to drive continued success
- Worked alongside corporate development, data product and solutions spaces to create strategic partnerships that accelerate our go to market, increase value creation to our business line or improve value realization to our customers and other stakeholders.
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Superb understanding of Enterprise, SaaS, B2B solutions - e.g., architecture and design considerations, platform to solution considerations, data and analytics and how they should be leveraged in Enterprise workflows, to drive successful go-to-market sales motion
- Deep Life Sciences Commercial Brand Analytics domain expertise - clear understanding of segments within and across Commercial LSS , roles and responsibilities, market pain points and unmet needs, decision-making, current competitive landscape across data, analytics, consultancy and other spend categories
- Experience successfully engaging leadership across Commercial functions in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Expertise in how various life science end users consume information & analytics, and more importantly, the specific business use(s) of that information & analytics
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.