Revenue Accounting Analyst
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Revenue Operations is a critical strategic and operational function within our Commercial Strategy & Operations team. We provide executive leadership with the rigor around all parts of sales planning and provide critical analyses on the health of the business.
We are looking for an Revenue Analyst to help our executive-level decisions on revenue and growth. Working closely with our leadership teams, you will provide the analytical rigor and foundation to underpin predictable, seamless growth as we diversify our revenue streams. Your day-to-day will revolve around setting the structures in place to gain the data and visibility we need to track the entire customer lifecycle, analyzing these complex datasets to understand the key levers we need to optimize our growth trajectory, and leveraging your knowledge of the data to inform growth strategy and strategic planning.
Looking back in your first 12 months at Komodo, you will have...
- Performed revenue system UAT (User Acceptance Testing). Validate data and reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assisted in monthly revenue close procedures on an ad hoc basis, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries, reconciliations and close tasks
- Worked with business partners (Business Development, Customer Success, IT, FP&A, Legal and Engineering) to initiate and implement process improvements to the quote-to-cash process to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records
- Worked with teams to automate process and establish traceable and auditable evidence for revenue recognition and applicable reporting
- Reviewed deals, record and make sure the revenue is in accordance ASC 606 and internal policies
- Assisted management with the assessment and documentation for complex revenue transactions
What you bring to Komodo:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or quantitative field, CPA preferred
- Experience with Revenue Accounting and ASC 606 application
- Working knowledge of best practices internal controls
- Understanding of the Order to Cash cycle and Revenue Recognition
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute with accuracy and efficiency
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of accuracy
- Experience with financial systems
- Experience with Software and/or SaaS space is a plus
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.