We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The mission of Komodo Health's Financial Analyst is to support the growth of the company and its functions through fiscal planning, business analysis, cost tracking, and ROI monitoring. This role will play a key role in supporting our future growth trajectory and will be a critical part of our Financial Planning & Analysis team.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Deeply understood the budgets and investments with your partner functions
- Prepare various monthly variance reports and analysis and lead the review process including actionable insights into variances
- Manage personnel planning and associated reporting across business units and consolidated reporting
- Supported our Leadership Team in understanding the business, financials, metrics, and areas of concern/opportunity by supporting monthly close reviews and budget readouts
- Support various planning and forecasting efforts including annual financial plan, business unit analysis and project viability
- Conducted in-depth analyses into the biggest drivers of our forecast - e.g. collections, large recurring vendors, etc - and significantly improved our forecast
- Worked closely with our Accounting team to improve our systems, processes, and tracking of actuals
- Implemented a monthly re-forecasting process with our accounting team to build a cadence of budget tracking on a monthly basis
- Played a key role in important finance/accounting projects on the road to IPO Readiness
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Advanced GoogleSheet and/or Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, macros)
- Ability to manage large amounts of financial data with the highest degree of accuracy
- Experience in building/maintaining/ improving financial models
- Experience supporting the business with budgeting, forecasts, variance & ROI analyses, and KPI tracking
- Experience with ERPs and financial planning systems (Netsuite and Adaptive Planning preferred)
- Attention to detail and willingness to push high standards for quality and accuracy in work products
- A continuously learning mindset, growth orientation, intellectual honesty, pride in delivering the wow, and a belief in enjoying the ride (behaviors aligning with Komodo’s core values)
- Pro-active communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Experience dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-starter and service-oriented; not above rolling up your sleeves to dive in anywhere necessary
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.