We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
As we build an offshore presence, it is imperative to seed Leaders into the team early in order to set standards and maintain quality. We are looking for a local, Chennai-based manager for Komodo Support who is embedded under the broader Support team in order to conduct a seamless support methodology. In addition, this leader will help provide mentorship and management coverage for other employees in the region. Building globally requires us to find flexible and resilient leaders who are interested in growing with us. They will be an extension of US product/technical support and help be a culture keeper for all of us.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Mastered Komodo’s Healthcare Map, platform, and suite of products
- Built & maintained Komodo’s support playbook and knowledge base sourced from inbound customer support requests
- Maintained active engagement with stakeholders, including product management, engineering, commercial teams as well as external customers, to resolve time-sensitive and business-critical issues, including follow up until resolved
- Collaborated with customer success teams to assist and solve on customer/account level KPIs of escalated requests
- Assisted with the transformation of Komodo’s technical support, service, and maintenance model, to improve effectiveness and efficiencies for Solution Architects (implementation) and Customer Success (Account Management), and FDE (Pulse Support)
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Mid-level technical knowledge in one or more of the following, or similar: Technology integration projects, IT systems, REST APIs, Service-Oriented Architectures, Relational Databases or other large-scale data management technologies, Technical Project Management - Examples below
- Clear understanding of relational databases, SQL and data modeling concepts
- Familiarity with Snowflake’s data warehousing platform and AWS EC2 services
- Clear knowledge of cloud computing principles and best practices
- Relevant certifications in Snowflake, AWS or database management are highly encouraged
- Demonstrated experience working across a range of technical end-users, including but not limited to data scientists, data engineers, analysts, and end application users
- Familiarity with customer operational support systems; examples include Jira Service Management, Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud
- In-depth understanding of and experience working with data assets or products used by entities in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally in meetings and in written technical documentation to drive cross-functional collaboration
- Managed resources (both remotely and in person) for more than 5 years.
- Managed and conducted technical coordination globally, including being managed remotely
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects with high quality and grace under pressure, with a customer-centric mindset.
- Comfortable to collaborate and/or ask for help from colleagues or leaders when stuck on a problem
- Commitment to full resolution and root cause analysis for a great customer experience
- A passion for improving patient care and addressing unmet medical needs
- Experience with healthcare data and platforms is a big plus
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, and multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.