Senior Associate, Analytics Consulting
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The objective of this role is to collaborate with onsite Analytics Consulting and Commercial Data Science teams to help build analytics pipelines and complex logic for complex data projects that solve customer use cases using our Healthcare Map.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Delivered high-value data analytics projects that our existing data products could not cover
- Effectively partnered with onsite AC teams to reconcile client requirements with the capabilities of datasets available at KH
- Incorporated a good understanding of the healthcare datasets at Komodo and client use-cases
- Understood client business problems and business rules and standard operating procedures. Synthesized data at regular intervals, maintained high-quality standards, applied automation leveraging cutting edge technology
- Worked with the DS team to scale our solutions, automated code and centralized complex logic. Advocated for good engineering practices within the DS team like documentation and code reusability
- Presented findings, insights and advanced analytical results to internal partners and clients for client deliveries
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- You are a problem solver: Demonstrate strong logical thinking, quantitative reasoning proficiency, and ability to see patterns
- You have a partnership mentality: Effectively partner and collaborate with onsite colleagues and clients to guide analysis and interpret results, while working remotely
- You are curious: Show an interest and aptitude for constant learning; seeks and welcomes assistance from colleagues
- You must have: Advanced Excel skills; experience translating analytic insights into PowerPoint; 1-3 years of experience with US Healthcare claims data; technical experience such as writing SQL queries, working with Relational Databases, proficient in scripting with Python, working with programming languages such as R, SAS
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, and multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.