Area Vice President, Life Sciences (HEOR/RWE)
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
In this role as an Area Vice President, Sales - you will have the unique opportunity to be a driving force behind our sales efforts in the RWE / HEOR space. Your expertise and experience will directly influence our growth trajectory and our ability to revolutionize the industry.
- Expand our Life Science business, assessing customer need at selling appropriate Komodo solutions to RWE/HEOR departments at Pharmaceutical Organizations (across top life sciences companies, biotechs, med-techs, and small and medium sized businesses)
- Drive education and adoption of our Healthcare map and Software in the RWE and HEOR markets
- Own the sales, renewal and expansion targets at new and assigned accounts
Travel expected up to 50% of the time
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have accomplished…
- Met or exceeded sales quota to drive education and adoption of our Healthcare map and Software in the RWE / HEOR market
- Developed a deep understanding of Komodo’s RWE/HEOR offerings and the advantages Komodo offers
- Established multiple relationships with key RWE/HEOR decision makers within your assigned accounts
- Translated your RWE understanding and key relationships into meaningful engagements to meet and exceed quota
- Measured, tracked, and grew customer health to ensure the successful renewal of current subscriptions
You will accomplish these outcomes through the following responsibilities…
- Partner with clients to design and deliver solutions that respond to a broad range of business challenges
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships with key stakeholders that drove new business development in select key accounts
- Support business development through creation of project proposals, including the design of project methodology, timeline, and budget
- Collaborate with Komodo’s Product, Customer Success, and Engineering Teams to ensure our SaaS products answered the industry’s most pressing healthcare questions resulting in sustained customer engagement and ROI
- Enter sales, pipeline, and deal activity/details into Salesforce on a timely manner with high accuracy
- Maintain an accurate sales funnel that influences internal conversations on resourcing and priorities
What you bring to Komodo Health (required):
- Strong track record in finding, qualifying, and selling new Enterprise business opportunities
- History of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quota for new business development and revenue generation
- Be able to build meaningful relationships quickly, able to foster relationships, and convert them to business
- Experienced in developing regulatory strategy for submissions like orphan drug designations, IND filings, and breakthrough therapy designations for various rare diseases
- History of creating and developing business development strategy for biotech/pharma companies to maximize their marketed and pipeline product offerings
- Expert knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and drug commercialization process especially in the context of HEOR/RWE use cases
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a senior management and director level (Bonus if you have done this with C-Suite level executives)
- Comfort with providing recommendations and solutions based on rigorous research and consideration underpinned by deep expertise and enthusiasm
- Experience managing strategic accounts with penetration into multiple customer groups
- Natural curiosity & unstructured problem solving skills
- Extensive experience with structuring client deliverables in PowerPoint/G-Slides, including an expert ability to “tell the story” with supporting data in a clear and effective manner
- A passion for healthcare, life sciences, data, and technology
- Excellent organization & planning skills
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to influence others
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency using MS Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or the Google Suite)
Additional skills and experience we’ll prioritize…
- Data experience (e.g., SQL, Python) is a big plus
Compensation at Komodo Health
The pay range for each job posting reflects a minimum and maximum range of pay across all U.S. locations and may span more than one career level. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including job-related skills, work experience, geographic work location, relevant training and certifications, business needs and market demands.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, and multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.