Senior Product Designer
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Experience Team within the Product Org. Product Designers at Maven own the end-to-end design process including conducting user research, facilitating design-thinking activities with team members, designing the full UX across multiple platforms, and working with engineering to implement and QA their designs. Applicants should have a passion for designing products that fill business and user needs with intuitive, beautiful, innovative solutions. This role will join a cross-functional product pod focused on designing the programs that we develop for supporting diverse paths to parenthood including adoption, surrogacy, and fertility. This product pod works in close collaboration with our business development team as we are defining the future of the products and services we will develop to support the various needs of these users.
As a Senior Product Designer at Maven, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to build out team roadmaps by identifying and prioritizing projects that will solve user problems and business needs.
- Work alongside product management, design, user research, data analytics, and engineering to build and grow the product experience across web, email, push, and native platforms (iOS and Android).
- Educate yourself on all paths to parenthood (adoption, fertility, pregnancy, etc) in order to deeply empathize with the real life experience of our users.
- Plan and conduct user research to identify and validate user problems and test hypotheses. Must be adept at ideating, prototyping and testing new product concepts with real users.
- Contribute to Maven’s interactive design patterns and visual design language through collaboration with the product and brand design teams.
- Share your work regularly with the product and brand design team to get feedback, and provide feedback to others to ensure we are all executing the highest quality work for our users
- Be a champion of design thinking, help encourage and inspire creativity, and a culture of feedback around the organization.
- Facilitate design sprints with cross-functional teammates, business partners, and subject matter experts across the company to inform product strategy.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 5-8 years of product design experience
- Solid design portfolio that includes multiple case studies that showcase design research, product strategy, UX, visual design, and implementation
- Strong visual design skills (branding, typography, layout, composition)
- Solid toolkit of design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe)
- Experience and ability to design for multiple platforms (email, push, web, iOS, Android)
- Strong communication, problem-solving and brainstorming skills
- Experience working on a cross-functional team where you collaborated with engineering, product management, and data teams to implement and iterate on changes to the user experience
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a tech startup or agency environment with fast growth and pace of change
- Passion for working on a product dedicated to reimagining women’s and family healthcare
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience designing healthcare products or other HR-benefits software
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $155,000-$225,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?