Generalist, People Partner
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a dedicated and experienced Generalist, People Partner to join our growing People Team! In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the well-being and productivity of our non-exempt employees while also contributing to the coordination and execution of general people team processes and programs. Your expertise in people best practices, interpersonal skills, and organization will contribute to our mission of fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
As a Generalist, People Partner at Maven, you will:
- Support our non-exempt employees within the Care Delivery team by being the first point of contact for all people related inquiries.
- Collaborate with People Operations and the Payroll team to ensure accurate processing of non-exempt employee payroll, including time tracking, overtime, and other compensation-related matters.
- Stay up-to-date with labor laws and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements. In partnership with People Operations, assist in the development and maintenance of our policies and procedures.
- Utilize people metrics to contribute key insights to decisions around growth and retention.
- Execute across general people partner team processes, such as new hire orientation, employee offboarding, org chart management, and being accountable for all general employee inquiries.
- Support the People Partner team with project management and execution of annual people programs, such as performance management, compensation review, learning and development, employee workshops, DEI+B, and engagement surveys
- Build credibility through your actions and interactions with Mavens to become a trusted resource and great example to all.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 3+ of experience in HR Business Partner, People Generalist, or equivalent business operations roles.
- Experience supporting a non-exempt workforce, with an understanding of all of the compliance and policy nuances that entails and clarity on how to best support this employee group.
- Self starter who is able to demonstrate ownership, proactively identify opportunities, and work autonomously
- High emotional intelligence and an ability to quickly build credibility, establish rapport and engage manager and director level partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms that exhibit your objectivity, empathy, patience, and diplomacy.
- Strong understanding of HR principles, employment laws, and best practices
- An entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, and willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems.
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Healthcare industry knowledge
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $110,000 - $130,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.