Senior Research Scientist (AI/ML)
At Mendel, we are enabling different stakeholders in healthcare to make better decisions by learning from the journey of every patient— from a physician deciding on the best treatment for a patient to a pharma company discovering the next blockbuster drug.
In creating depth and breadth for a patient’s health record journey, Mendel enables the right care delivered at the right time to the right person. This is an incredible opportunity to join a unique vision to improve healthcare using AI technology.
About the Role
As a Senior Research Scientist, you will play a crucial role in leading and conducting research activities within a specific field or domain. Your expertise and experience will be leveraged to drive innovation, contribute to scientific advancements, and provide valuable insights to solve complex problems. You will be responsible for leading research projects, managing a team of researchers, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring the successful execution of research initiatives.
- Research Planning and Execution:
- Define research objectives, methodologies, and timelines for research projects.
- Design and conduct experiments, simulations, or data analyses to gather relevant data.
- Develop and implement research protocols and methodologies to ensure accuracy and reliability of results.
- Analyze and interpret research findings, and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Project Leadership:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align research activities with organizational goals and objectives.
- Drive research projects from conception to completion, ensuring deliverables are met within specified timelines.
- Monitor progress, identify potential issues, and develop strategies to overcome challenges.
- Technical Expertise:
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements and trends in the relevant field of research.
- Apply advanced scientific principles, theories, and concepts to develop innovative solutions.
- Utilize specialized research tools, equipment, and software to conduct experiments or analysis.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze research data using statistical techniques, modeling, or other appropriate methods.
- Interpret and summarize research findings in clear and concise reports or presentations.
- Present research findings to internal stakeholders, conferences, or scientific communities.
- Publish research papers in reputable scientific venues and contribute to the scientific community.
- A Ph.D. in computer science or a relevant scientific discipline.
- Proven track record of conducting and leading research projects, preferably with industry experience.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in the specific field of research, demonstrated through publications, patents, or significant contributions to the scientific community.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to draw insights from complex data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in relevant research tools, software, and techniques.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
$130,000 - $170,000
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Why should you join our team:
Benjamin Franklin once said: “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.” — at Mendel you can do the latter. There are two things more devastating than learning that you or your loved ones have a terminal illness; getting the wrong treatment or not finding any. At Mendel, we are on a sincere mission to solve many never-solved-before technology challenges that can enable prescribers and drug makers to do their best
Mendel is a very collaborative environment. You will be taking ownership of your work and collaborate directly with different teams to see it going into production and used by customers. At the same time, you will be mentored by world class AI scientists, software engineers, and clinical and business leaders. Hear from our team here