Director of Health Plan Sales
Noom is a digital healthcare company that connects people to content, coaching, community, and clinicians to build healthy habits and promote better living. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our B2B team is seeking a Director, Health Plan Sales that will help shape and execute on the health plans strategy for one of the fastest-growing, most impactful healthcare companies.
The Director, Health Plan Sales will build new enterprise relationships with regional and national health plans and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs). This leader will launch new markets, manage internal and external cross-functional stakeholders, and drive the success of health plan partnerships. They will be accountable for creating successful partnerships across the health plan and PBM landscape. We have validated our approach with early partners and are now scaling within existing and new relationships. The Director, Health Plan Sales will lead sales efforts, collaborate with other departments, and foster relationships with external partners to drive growth and success.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement data-driven strategic plans to drive health plan and PBM sales, aligning with the organization's business goals.
- Independently source, negotiate, and close deals with health plans and PBMs
- Maintain a deep understanding of health plans and PBMs, including benefits, pricing, and regulatory compliance, to effectively communicate with prospects.
- Create and maintain accurate sales forecasts, track progress, and report results to senior management.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, product development, and customer service, to ensure seamless operations and a positive customer experience.
- Identify new business opportunities and build business cases to guide corporate strategy
What We Look For:
- 5-10+ YOE experience in a relevant sales environment, with a track record of success and exceeding targets in selling digital health, wellness, or chronic condition management solutions to regional health plans.
- Strong rolodex of health plan contacts and solid relationship skills (building and management).
- Fluent knowledge of health plan and PBM products, industry regulations, and market dynamics.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, negotiation, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- Comfort in a scale-up environment and ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency in using CRM and other sales management software.
- Understanding of healthcare industry trends and emerging market opportunities.
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, healthcare management, or a related field.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $213,000 - $288,000k.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom’s estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any incentive compensation plan, discretionary bonus, or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.