Senior Software Engineer
At Ocrolus, we believe companies work best when they focus on their core business and let automation do the rest. We’re powering the digital lending ecosystem and help financial services firms make high-quality decisions with trusted data and unparalleled efficiency.
Ocrolus’ Human-in-the-Loop document automation software analyzes documents with over 99% accuracy. We're replacing legacy OCR vendors that cap out at 75-80% accuracy, and augmenting the robotic work that humans are prone to doing all too often – which can be expensive, error-prone, and slow. By empowering lenders to analyze diverse sources of financial data more efficiently, Ocrolus levels the playing field for every borrower, providing expanded access to credit at a lower cost.
We’ve raised over $100 million from blue-chip investors and are working with customers like PayPal, Brex, SoFi, Blend and Plaid. Join us as we build the future of fintech, and make an impact at an award-winning, high-growth startup that Forbes recently dubbed the “Next Billion-Dollar Startup”.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Software Engineer with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications.
What you'll do:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Microservices using Java and Python.
- Designing and developing cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
- Build systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions.
- Build and scale our fast-growing online services and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability, and automation.
- Supporting the testing process, troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expert in Java and experience in building complex service applications in Java, and solid understanding of the JVM.
- Solid database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc).
- Experience with Spring Framework and related ecosystems.
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing.
- Familiarity with containerisation, microservices architecture, continuous integration and deployment.
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
We look forward to hearing from you!