Associate, Corporate Finance
Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya is a global technology company making life-changing financial products and services available to more people nationwide, as it reshapes the financial services ecosystem. By using machine learning, a vast data network and a sophisticated AI-driven approach, Pagaya provides comprehensive consumer credit and residential real estate solutions for its partners, their customers, and investors. Its proprietary API and capital solutions integrate into its network of partners to deliver seamless user experiences and greater access to the mainstream economy. Pagaya has offices in New York and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit pagaya.com.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic Associate to join our Corporate Development team. This role is for someone who enjoys being challenged and will thrive in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. You will have significant exposure to senior leaders including CEO and CFO and other key stakeholders across the business and finance functions at Pagaya.
As a member of our Corporate Development team, you’ll be responsible for executing M&A transactions that drive our strategic vision forward. Working closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders, you’ll support due diligence efforts, identify sources of risk, and help drive deals to a timely closing. In addition, you will be tasked with sourcing opportunities. You bring a deep interest in the FinTech/Tech industries, familiarity with the M&A process and strong financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Contribute to shaping Pagaya’s M&A strategy and identify high-value opportunities
- Help develop a pipeline of potential opportunities across FinTech
- Key participant in leading deal processes, from initial diligence to closing
- Articulate key value drivers and considerations for potential M&A opportunities in concise deal memos; build consensus across Leadership and the wider organization
- Oversee the development of pro forma financial models and valuation analyses
- Coordinate the due diligence process in concert with cross-functional stakeholders
- Contribute to enhancing the Corporate Development function by identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability/desire to be proactive in the role
- Background in investment banking, with ideally 2-4 years of experience
- Extremely strong financial modeling skills / quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with the M&A process
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, writing, and storytelling skills
- Strong attention to detail and a reputation for “sweating the small stuff”
- Familiarity/experience in FinTech preferred
The pay ranges for New York-based hires are commensurate with candidate experience.
Pay ranges for candidates working in locations other than New York may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs with our head quarters located in NYC and Tel Aviv.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
- Continuously Learn- We challenge ourselves for the sake of getting better as individuals, as teams, and as an organization to deliver for our partners.
- Debate and Commit- We respectfully and openly debate to strengthen our ideas and build shared conviction - once we decide, we go all in, together.
- Dream Big and Act- We boldly tackle complex problems, pressure-test solutions in real-time, and adapt with speed and energy.
- Advance Inclusion- We create a world where everyone can win, designing systems that better represent people and generate sustainable value for our employees, partners and investors.
- Be Accountable Together- We proudly own our actions and our results, taking initiative to ensure our work gets over the finish line as a team.
More than just a job
We believe health, happiness, and productivity go hand-in-hand. That's why we're continually looking to enhance the ways we support you with benefits programs and perks that allow every Pagayan to do the best work of their life.