Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya is a global technology company making life-changing financial products and services available to more people nationwide, as it reshapes the financial services ecosystem. By using machine learning, a vast data network and a sophisticated AI-driven approach, Pagaya provides comprehensive consumer credit and residential real estate solutions for its partners, their customers, and investors. Its proprietary API and capital solutions integrate into its network of partners to deliver seamless user experiences and greater access to the mainstream economy. Pagaya has offices in New York and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit pagaya.com.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the Role
We’re looking for a skilled and proactive Payroll Manager to support Pagaya's Finance team
- Oversees multi-jurisdictional taxation, including remote employee taxation, filing of quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns for federal, state and local taxes, as required
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with SOX requirements, internal company policies as well as applicable country, federal and state regulations, or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations
- Manage and execute the timely process of stock transactions (SBC) for tax filing reporting and taxable wages reporting
- Manage the day-to-day payroll function ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing
- Responsible for processing and building journal entries for reporting purposes on the corporate books
- Drive initiatives for continuous process improvement and system integrations
- Generate standard and ad-hoc payroll reports for internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Benefits, and People Operations
- Research and resolve tax notices from federal, state, and local tax agencies
- Provide efficient and timely support to employees, addressing issues and inquiries effectively.
- Create and/or maintain payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters
- Perform data reconciliations and audits to ensure data integrity across multiple systems
- Payroll specialist certification is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with payroll and HRIS systems, such as ADP, Paychex or Workday software
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience
- 5+ years of experience in a direct payroll role that includes responsibility for preparing and submitting payroll
- Ability to run and build reports
- Experience with NetSuite ERP systems is a plus
The pay ranges for New York-based hires are commensurate with candidate experience.
Pay ranges for candidates working in locations other than New York may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs with our head quarters located in NYC and Tel Aviv.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
- Continuously Learn- We challenge ourselves for the sake of getting better as individuals, as teams, and as an organization to deliver for our partners.
- Debate and Commit- We respectfully and openly debate to strengthen our ideas and build shared conviction - once we decide, we go all in, together.
- Dream Big and Act- We boldly tackle complex problems, pressure-test solutions in real-time, and adapt with speed and energy.
- Advance Inclusion- We create a world where everyone can win, designing systems that better represent people and generate sustainable value for our employees, partners and investors.
- Be Accountable Together- We proudly own our actions and our results, taking initiative to ensure our work gets over the finish line as a team.
More than just a job
We believe health, happiness, and productivity go hand-in-hand. That's why we're continually looking to enhance the ways we support you with benefits programs and perks that allow every Pagayan to do the best work of their life.