Structured Products Counsel
Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya is a global technology company making life-changing financial products and services available to more people nationwide, as it reshapes the financial services ecosystem. By using machine learning, a vast data network and a sophisticated AI-driven approach, Pagaya provides comprehensive consumer credit and residential real estate solutions for its partners, their customers, and investors. Its proprietary API and capital solutions integrate into its network of partners to deliver seamless user experiences and greater access to the mainstream economy. Pagaya has offices in New York and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit pagaya.com.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the Role
As Structured Products Counsel, you will provide the highest quality support to all parts of the business with a particular focus on capital markets and securitization transactions. We are looking for a smart, motivated, self-starter to join our global legal team in a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who is focused on deal execution and prepared to act on structuring transactions, while collaborating with our Capital Markets, Partnerships, Technology and other teams within the company. To be successful as our Structured Products Counsel, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about deals and business growth. We are seeking a candidate who is excited by the challenge of working in a legally complex global fintech company and welcomes the fast-paced, dynamic environment that comes with a growing company. This role will engage with all levels of employees and management, so social and communication skills are vital to strong working relationships.
The position is based at the company’s office in New York City.
- Act as counsel on all securitization, structured products and capital markets transactions
- Negotiate and draft transaction and trading based agreements and documents
- Analyze and structure complex capital markets transactions
- Serve as the internal expert on all capital markets transactions and questions
- Assist with drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, providing insight and guidance from a regulatory perspective
- Stay on top of regulatory developments for structuring and terms of capital markets transactions, and advise management on new risks and opportunities
- Assist the Deputy General Counsel and broader legal team in building a global legal department, developing and enhancing its service culture and meeting the needs of the business
- Provide any other legal or non-legal support that the business requires
- Qualified attorney in the United States (preferably NY or CA)
- 3-4 years experience in US law firm and/or in-house,
- Significant experience with securitizations, capital markets trading, credit agreements and other sophisticated finance transactions focusing on multiple consumer credit assets classes (unsecured consumer loans, auto loans, mortgages, real estate, point-of-sale, insurance)
- Expertise in the structured finance industry and U.S. and international securities laws applicable to capital markets and securitization transactions, including the Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act and Regulation AB
- Native/Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Excellent drafting of contracts and advice with minimal support from external counsel
- The ability and flexibility to work hours based on the company’s needs
- Excellent judgment and initiative in developing creative, practical and effective solutions, using a business-first approach
- JD or LLM from accredited US law school is preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
The pay ranges for New York-based hires are commensurate with candidate experience.
Pay ranges for candidates working in locations other than New York may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs with our head quarters located in NYC and Tel Aviv.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
- Continuously Learn- We challenge ourselves for the sake of getting better as individuals, as teams, and as an organization to deliver for our partners.
- Debate and Commit- We respectfully and openly debate to strengthen our ideas and build shared conviction - once we decide, we go all in, together.
- Dream Big and Act- We boldly tackle complex problems, pressure-test solutions in real-time, and adapt with speed and energy.
- Advance Inclusion- We create a world where everyone can win, designing systems that better represent people and generate sustainable value for our employees, partners and investors.
- Be Accountable Together- We proudly own our actions and our results, taking initiative to ensure our work gets over the finish line as a team.
More than just a job
We believe health, happiness, and productivity go hand-in-hand. That's why we're continually looking to enhance the ways we support you with benefits programs and perks that allow every Pagayan to do the best work of their life.