People/HR Business Partner
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The People/HR Business Partner is the intersection between the business and People Team – from talent attraction, to new hire onboarding, to manager effectiveness, and employee engagement and retention, you are focused on ensuring we ship great people experiences every single day. You'll be an advocate of Paxos’ core values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and leverage data to inform and guide great people decisions. You own ‘raising the bar.’ Through partnership with the broader People Team and your business partners, you will design and execute inbound and outbound talent strategies and programs that excite top talent to work at Paxos.
As a People Business Partner, you’ll get to:
- Be one of the first members of the people business partner team, influencing how the role supports and delivers value to the organization.
- Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Coach managers and leaders on making great people decisions every day.
- Embody the Paxos value of a “shared commitment to excellence,” while helping to build a culture of high performing teams.
- Provide expertise and support the following areas: career planning; performance management; coaching; data analysis; compensation and rewards; employee relations; learning and development; recognition programs; and strategic development.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations to improve processes, employee engagement and policy alignment across the business.
- Nurture and foster a culture of continuous learning.
- Support a global workforce with employees located in the US, UK, Singapore and more locations in the year ahead.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- At least 7+ years experience in a human resources/people team and at least 4+ years as a people/HR business partner.
- HR experience in organizational design; succession planning; performance management; diversity/inclusion; compensation and rewards; recognition programs; employee engagement; coaching/development; talent management; conflict resolution; talent acquisition; data analysis; and employee relations.
- The ability to understand business priorities and translate them into a talent strategy that supports the business as it grows.
- Proven ability to excel in a high paced environment.
- Successful management of competing priorities, taking initiative, and driving projects to completion in a timely and accurate manner.
- Designing and quickly implementing solutions that cut across multiple disciplines.
- Polished and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
You might also have:
- Exceptional listening skills, a personable and approachable demeanor, and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently, as an active member of both business and the People Team.
- Flexibility, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
- Ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or organizational development; PHR, SPHR or MSHR.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Cointelegraph names Paxos CEO in Top 100 influencers in crypto and blockchain
- Built In NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.
Something looks off?