Senior Software Engineer - DevEx
We, at Paxos, are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Developer Experience Team. Your primary responsibility will be the continuous improvement of processes and tools to build an amazing developer experience across Paxos. We’re looking for world-class engineers that bring a quantitative mindset, execution velocity, leadership skills, and a passion to change the way engineering is done.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Software Engineer on DevEx team, you’ll get to:
- Partner with other engineering teams and develop scalable tools and infrastructure to develop, test, debug and release software quickly
- Design and develop tools for automation, to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency.
- Design, develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines with technologies like ArgoCD, Argo Rollouts, Terraform, Atlantis, Helm, Gradle, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions.
- Improve local development experience for containerized application
- Propose and execute on initiatives that measurably improve development productivity metrics such as lead time, code deployment frequency, mean time to recovery (MTTR) of applications and change failure rate.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in code health, quality and test stability through frameworks and information sharing
- Work with Infosec to ensure pipelines are securely engineered and operated. Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
- Write and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects of the infrastructure
- Set direction and build consensus to drive long-term positive impact to the engineering ecosystem
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Significant work experience focusing on improving engineering productivity through self-service automation and developer tooling.
- 5+ Years of DevOps, Software, or Build and Release Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and delivering Jenkins/Groovy and Argo solutions.
- Work experience with Java, Python, Go, Rust or Ruby
- Experience working with Kubernetes and familiarity with service meshes
- Experience working with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management tools, receiving and providing code reviews
- Provisioning and management of large, scalable systems using AWS or other public cloud providers
- Experience working with a product that has end users
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and application of the architecture of the entire system
- You have worked with distributed systems, cloud native applications and system design
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?