Director, Brand & Commercialization Strategy
Precision for Medicine
PRECISIONadvisors, a Precision Value & Health team, is a global life sciences consultancy combining cutting-edge strategic and analytic capabilities.
Our team excels at understanding the ever-changing and complex healthcare market and helping clients solve high-visibility issues such as early pipeline planning, commercialization strategy, pricing and market access strategy, specialty distribution, and product value proposition.
Interested in joining a collaborative culture that prioritizes individual growth and professional development?
- Apprenticeship model: At Precision, we invest in professional growth and developing our teams and creating opportunities to mentor junior staff, all while promoting work-life balance and, importantly, fostering this approach whether remote or working from our key offices in NYC, Boston, and London
- Innovation: Precision works at the forefront of therapeutic innovations and unmet patient needs including rare disease, cell and gene therapy, COVID therapeutics, oncology, vaccines, and digital therapeutics
- Ownership: Ability to own client interactions and build relationships with upper-level healthcare industry clients. Precision’s clients range from top ten global biopharmaceutical manufacturers to small, emerging biotech companies with opportunities for exposure to C-suite decision makers
- Competency: Gain invaluable industry experience throughout the drug life cycle by learning about go-to-market commercialization strategy, pricing and market access strategy, specialty distribution and patient support services design, product value proposition, early pipeline planning, and more
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and successful Associate Director/Director to join our growing Launch/Brand & Commercialization Strategy team.
As an Associate Director / Director in PRECISIONadvisors’ Brand & Commercialization Strategy practice, you will be responsible for developing the business and supporting innovative solutions for clients in the biopharmaceutical industry. Successful candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical commercialization (e.g., new product planning, brand and portfolio strategy, customer segmentation, HCP adoption propensity, omnichannel marketing strategy, competitor strategy, LOE planning, life cycle management), as well as a passion for creating new business, cultivating client relationships, and a hands-on approach to delivering projects and developing the team. This position also allows for close collaboration across our Precision Value & Health agency colleagues which help clients build brands, create experiences, and ensure adoption with healthcare providers and patients.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction as part of a consulting team delivering high-quality launch and commercialization strategy and related services to biopharmaceutical industry clients
- Oversee and mentor project teams, facilitate teamwork, lead client interaction, develop presentations and are responsible for key facets of the assigned client business. They carry out the client’s vision and ensure proper alignment of resources to deliver against it, leading the team to deliver exceptional work and client satisfaction.
- Actively participate in and contribute to PRECISIONadvisors business, including setting business strategy, participating in initiatives that encourage colleague engagement and satisfaction, promoting business growth, and ensuring operational and methodological excellence.
- Supports business development through creation of project proposals, including ability to design project methodology, timeline, and budget
- Create new business opportunities and maintain long-term partnerships with clients, pro-actively identifying and proposing technical and strategic solutions
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies including in-depth understand of application of primary market research and advanced analytics to support client solutions
- Emerging leader of the local office
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Economics, Business or a related field is preferred; a Master’s or PhD degree in Science, Economics, Business or a related field is an advantage
- 6+ years of consulting or related commercialization strategy experience, the majority of which is within the healthcare space (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, diagnostics industry)
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and understanding of buyers of launch, brand, and go-to-market strategy services
- A strong track record in managing successful healthcare consulting projects, including excellent project and team management skills (e.g. mentoring junior staff members)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assigned accounts simultaneously and related revenue
- Proven critical thinking, analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in leading new business opportunities to include attracting and delivering new
- Self-starting attitude with a strong desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and an ability to build credibility with external and internal stakeholders
- Successful history meeting deadlines while working on multiple parallel projects
- Must possess strong attention to detail, motivation, and work ethic
- Excellent project and client management skills
- Strong strategic and technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong MS Office literacy e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability and flexibility to travel
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC