Precision for Medicine
Precision for Medicine is a precision medicine CRO. Precision’s uniquely integrated offering enables the science of precision medicine by combining novel clinical trial designs, industry-leading operational and medical experts, advanced biomarker and data analytics solutions, and an unequivocal real passion for rare diseases and oncology, in addition to working across other therapeutic areas.
The Financial Analyst supports the operational project teams financially throughout the life cycle of the project.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Support the project teams in all financial areas associated with running a clinical trial.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly invoicing worksheet which is the source document for client invoicing and source of revenue recognition.
- Support in performing variance analysis comparing forecasted revenue to actual revenue in order to identify gaps, changes in scope, etc.
- Support in reviewing work orders and change order budgets in comparison with actual activities in order to help identify out of scope activities.
- Support the monthly project review meetings on an as needed basis.
- Assist in providing support to the Manager, Operational Finance and Vice President, Operational Finance in the preparation of contract documents (statements of work and change orders).
- Work with Company Accountant to provide support to the financial reporting and general ledger functions.
- Work with Company Accountant to provide support to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Work with Company Accountant to ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborate with others in Finance to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and Vice President, Operational Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc analyses relating to projects.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow and internal controls.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related business discipline
- 1-2 years general ledger and financial reporting experience including working knowledge of all areas of the accounting cycle, project budgets, financial project management support, Earned Value Analysis (“EVA”) analysis, and contract review or equivalent relevant experience and/or demonstrated competencies.
- 3 years of experience preferred
- CRO industry experience preferred
- Fluency in English and, in addition, for non-English speaking countries the local language of the country where position based.
- Working knowledge of the life cycle of a project with a solid foundation of how the financials and contract status impact each stage of the clinical trial
- Working knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliations
- Strong Excel /PC skills and able to thrive in multi-tasking environment
- Strong accounting skills
- High energy and enthusiasm with a strong commitment to exceeding expectations
- Flexibility and willing to work on multiple assignments of varying tasks with personnel throughout the organization
- Ability to learn quickly, strong oral and written communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to connect and build relationships with management and others throughout the organization
- Exhibits self-motivation, and is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Team player with a desire to be an active, long term participant in the growth of the company
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC