Azure Cloud Engineer
Precision for Medicine
Microsoft Azure Engineer
Are you an experienced Windows Cloud Engineer? Do you like supporting a mixed on-premise and Azure Cloud Environment, while working to build new robust solutions that support our Life Sciences professionals? Our Corporate IT Team is hiring an Microsoft Azure Engineer to support our on-site facility in Frederick, MD while building the next phases of Cloud solutions for the Corporate business.
THIS IS A HYBRID ON SITE role supporting our Lab facility in Frederick, MD.
- You are an experienced Windows System Administrator with a background in all things Servers, Virtualization, and Azure Cloud Support.
- You have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Azure/M365 solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, security and governance.
- You have experience in storage management; backing up data and making it efficient to restore when needed., configuring long-term archival storage solutions to maintain corporate compliance and securing data against unauthorized access
- Strong knowledge administration of industry leading hypervisor platforms. (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Azure)
About The Role:
- Responsible for management and operations, systems/services, and networks in support of the Azure/0365 and Infrastructure services in a hybrid environment. Support will be split between onsite and remote in Frederick, MD. Responsibilities include both Azure Operations but also managing an onsite datacenter.
- Responsible for providing the day-to-day support and management of Azure cloud services and Iaas/Paas environments: Compute Virtual networks, Peer Vnets, DNS, Load balancing, Backup and replication, Storage, firewall and site to site connectivity.
- Responsible for providing the day-to-day support and management of MS365 apps, Exchange, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for business and Teams infrastructure.
- Management of access and authentication, planning and securing access and configuring application access. Configuration of SSO, publication of enterprise applications.
- Support and management of identified on-prem technologies and infrastructure services to support hybrid operations.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Certified or related work experience
- Microsoft 0365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator or related work experience
- Work Experience:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Azure and the Microsoft 365 stack of services.
- 5+ years managing an on-premise datacenter providing support on hardware, software, and network. Advanced troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience of being a team lead for projects preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience implementing, monitoring, and maintaining Microsoft Azure/M365 solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, security and governance.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, APIs, SQL, and terraform scripting.
- Experience in managing Azure security. Encrypting data in transit, at rest, and in use. Protecting Azure Active Directory accounts and reducing the attack surface of Azure resources
- Experience in storage management. Backing up data and making it efficient to restore when needed. Configuring long-term archival storage solutions to maintain corporate compliance and securing data against unauthorized access
- Strong knowledge administration of industry leading hypervisor platforms. (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Azure )
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC