Senior Product Owner, SaaS solutions
Precision for Medicine
QuartzBio (www.quartz.bio) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions provider to the life sciences industry. We deliver innovative, data enabling technologies (i.e., software) that provide biotech/pharma (R&D) teams with enterprise-level access to sample/biomarker data management solutions & analytics, information, insight & reporting capabilities.
Our end-to-end (from sample collection to biomarker data) suite of solutions are focused on providing sponsors information (data with context) – we do this by connecting biospecimen, assay as well as clinical data sources in a secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless, automated data management workflows, key insight development, improved collaboration, and the ability to make faster, more informed decisions.
This Sr. Product Owner, SaaS Solutions, will be an integral part of the QuartzBio Product Innovation Team supporting generating and tracking work plans for implementation of QuartzBio’s Product Roadmap. This position will be part of QuartzBio’s Product Management team and work closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
· Lead requirements gathering and translation of requirements into actionable work plans for a team of software engineers implementing
· Track work plans for to ensure successful implementation of assigned workstreams within the broader Product Development roadmap
· Lead implementation of agile software development approach
· Mentor and coach team members to help them achieve their career goals.
· Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders through the planning and implementation phases
· Coordinate and perform usability testing and validation along with Development and Engineering teams
· Monitor and maintain communication via Slack, Teams, or any other channels
· Maintain the project implementation Jira board by tracking, updating, adding SaaS solutions workstream related tasks
· Participate in regular scrums/stand-ups to support development processes / activities
· Receive, structure, and add new requirements and tasks to the implementation roadmap
· Aid the Product Innovation team with creation of SaaS related internal project status reports
· BS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Information Systems, Product Management or related field
· 5 Years of relevant experience
· 2 Years of team leadership experience
· Experience with Product Management related task tracking and documentation tools/products
· Experience in managing products with diverse and distributed teams
· Experience in writing technical documents for developers use to facilitate Software Development Lifecycle processes
· Hands-on experience with at least one programming language or alternatively 1+ years of direct involvement in managing software products
· Expertise with Atlassian Products (ie: Confluence/Jira) and communication channels such as Slack and Microsoft Teams
· Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
· Experience with SaaS solutions for data management and analysis products is preferred
· Knowledge of the CRO/Biotech/Life Sciences industry and products
· Understanding of SaaS solutions
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively and inspire others
· Highly self-motivated and willing to tackle new challenges
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC