Precision for Medicine
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY, but job seekers must currently reside in India (ideally in or around Pune).
- You are an experienced back-end Software Engineer with a background creating and maintaining highly scalable, reliable, and secure API services that support our applications
- You have work on Cloud platform applications (AWS or Azure).
About The Role:
- The Backend Software Engineer is a software developer with a wide-ranging knowledge of application development and experience working with application support.
- The primary focus of this role is the design, development, and maintenance of APIs that power our healthcare data products.
- This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager of Precision Medicine Group, India. This person will also work collaboratively with both product and operations team members to support execution of the technology strategy for the development of both products and platform.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and maintain RESTful API services that support the needs of our healthcare data products and platform.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code that meets the industry standards and best practices.
- Ensure that the API services are scalable, reliable, and secure by implementing appropriate monitoring, testing, and security measures.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to API services, databases, and other backend systems.
- Collaborate with the front-end development team to understand their requirements and ensure that the API services are designed to meet those needs.
- Work closely with other engineers and stakeholders to develop and deliver high-quality software solutions
- Support assessments of internal systems and process, including revisions or re-design where necessary
- Support technology reviews assessing how common code and technologies can work efficiently across service lines
- Support continued adoption of cutting-edge technology, through both new offerings and realizing the full value from existing providers and tools
- Bachelors in technology/Engineering (Computer Science or equivalent)
- 2-4 years of experience in developing and maintaining API services
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with databases such as Snowflake, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS (preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with cloud data warehousing (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift)
- A strong grasp of database architectures, structure, and query languages such as SQL
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services, especially API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, and EC2
- Strong grasp on GIT fundamentals and experience with day-to-day usage
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model
- Familiarity with concepts like Modularization
- Experience in connecting to databases using drivers (3 – tier architecture)
- Familiarity of Data Structures concepts
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC