Sr. Financial Analyst - Sales Operations
Precision for Medicine
Precision Medicine Group (“Precision”) is a high-growth and established life sciences innovator, founded in 2012 and still led by a proven entrepreneurial team and backed by leading private equity investors (Blackstone, TPG, Berkshire Partners). The Company helps pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients address product development and commercialization challenges while creating access to better care for patients around the world. Precision is comprised of two business platforms, Precision for Medicine, and Precision Value & Health (“PVH”). Precision for Medicine focuses on research and development initiatives and primarily services emerging to mid-size innovative biotechnology firms. Precision Value & Health provides solutions to maximize the commercial potential of innovative therapeutics for larger biopharma firms as well as emerging biotech companies. Precision Medicine Group is a team of over 3,000 employees across 35 offices and laboratories world-wide.
Precision Value and Health (PVH) has identified a need for a dedicated Finance Business Partner to support Precision Sales Operations. This newly created role will have both cross-functional support and high visibility. The analyst will have a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced growing organization. This is a unique opportunity to help build a sales finance function and to support change across the organization.
The Sr. Financial Analyst - Sales Operations is responsible for the financial oversight, reporting, and analysis of Precision Value and Health’s (PVH) sales and prospective sales data and will act as a strategic partner to Sales Operations to drive actionable insights into the organization’s sales performance.
In addition to the analyst being responsible for providing timely, accurate, and insightful analysis into the organization’s progress towards sales goals, they will develop and refine predictive forecasting or future revenue potential based on pipeline, backlog, win rate and other sales metrics. The Senior Analyst will partner with Sales Operations to monitor sales initiatives and provide insights into business unit sales performance.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
In support of Finance - Analytics and Reporting
- Enable Executive Leadership to have a clear view on the financial performance of the Sales organization compared to sales forecast.
- Based on analysis and modeling, produce reports and other presentations that:
- Support company strategic initiatives including yearly and quarterly budget planning and corporate reporting.
- Provide key financial Reports including Revenue Workbook and bi-monthly Revenue Waterfall report roll-ups for cross Business Unit comparison.
- Collaborate with the Head of Pricing to engage in profitability metrics, identify strategic opportunities and/or recommend course-corrections.
- Partner with other members of the FP&A team to establish best practices, scalability, and standardization in financial metric operational definitions and reporting.
- Apply data and process skills to large data sets to develop recommendations on convergence, scalability, and repeatability in reporting and metrics.
- Analyze current and prospective clients and services to identify opportunities to expand existing accounts and/or land new accounts based on the company’s offerings and competitive positioning; run similar analyses to identify geographical opportunities
In support of the Sales ops team
- Support Head of Sales Operations with strategic support and analysis around challenges to achieve sales targets.
- Support Growth Team Leadership by tracking and publishing sales and bookings goal achievement.
- Provide input on monthly reports on key sales metrics.
- Administer BD/Sales Incentive Compensation Plan and Payout Forecast.
- Enable regular sales performance review process.
Senior leadership partnership
- Adapt to and balance workload as priorities change while managing expectations of internal clients through frequent communication.
- Demonstrate self-awareness and proactively seek opportunities to improve self, the team and the Firm; be responsive to, and regularly offer, 360-degree coaching/feedback.
- Act with empathy and compassion; regularly offer to step-in to help solve others' problems and spread workload; demonstrate high emotional intelligence allowing her/him to understand interpersonal dynamics and/or issues, offer the right solutions and build trust.
- Speak with confidence, clarity and impact; use a range of interaction styles to probe key issues and influence outcomes.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, graduate degree a plus
Preferred skills: Proficiency in Excel, prior experience with Salesforce, experience with data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Thinkcell), detail oriented
Experience: 4-7 years of prior related experience
- Experience partnering with senior leadership to influence and drive change
- Prior experience in HC/LS industry preferred
- Ability to effectively work in a team under tight deadlines to deliver quality output
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders with common and/or conflicting interests
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC