Senior Medical Writer
Precision for Medicine
Looking for an agency with a difference?
We believe our culture is inseparable from our success. Put simply, happy people do great work.
We encourage our people to bring their perspectives and experience to the table, and are committed to supporting opportunities for growth and development. We also work hard to embed our values of integrity, intelligence and kindness in everything we do. It’s why we believe we’ve been named a Best Companies ‘Outstanding Company to Work for’.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, growing healthcare communications agency as a Senior Medical Writer. The successful candidate will get to work with a team of experienced, talented, like-minded professionals and will be empowered and supported to take a lead on key accounts within the scientific writing area of the business. You will also benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package, and an agile working model that has been in place since the company’s inception.
The role of the Senior Medical Writer is to develop, write and review scientific content for programmes and individual projects including medical education, communications, brand, and training; developing written scientific content that is aligned to programme objectives. All work to be delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with the project specification, budget and agreed schedule. Quality control and data-checking will also be a required for materials developed by other members of the medical writing team. The role is client-facing and requires input into programme development, attendance of internal and external meetings and contribution to, and attendance at new business pitches as required.
- Manage/coordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage (or for electronic publication), according to standard operating procedures
- Provide direction for the development of creative designs/layout for scientific materials
- Develop and implement project schedules in conjunction with account leads (or independently where appropriate)
- Interpret and implement briefs in a constructive and creative manner, but challenge and suggest alternatives to client briefs where appropriate
- Take a leading role on key scientific-based projects such as symposia, scientific materials or publications planning, including presenting/updating at client meeting and on calls
- Take responsibility for quality control and compliance with internal and external standards across the accounts you work on – ensure scientific content is of the highest possible standard
- Assist account leads to proactively forecast workload and resource requirements
- Working with Medical Writers and scientific associates as required, including review of work, feedback, and counsel
- Brief freelancers as required
- In conjunction with the account leads, proactively liaise with clients on a regular basis to identify new opportunities and drive business growth
- Supporting the development of new business pitches, including research, slide development and ideas generation as required – as well as attendance at pitches and taking a role at the pitch itself if required
- Undertake any duties as may be required from time to time that can reasonably be regarded as within
the remit of the post
- Aware of and conform to legal requirements in all activities, both internal and external. Implicit in this
is that all managers and employees conform to the appropriate standards in terms of Health and Safety
and Information Security requirements but also to the highest standards of business ethics
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- 3-5 years of experience in a medical education and communications agency environment
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and may be subject to review and amendment, in consultation with the post holder. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the general scope of the post.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC