Senior Data Engineer
Precision for Medicine
Are you an experienced Senior Data Engineer with experience in AWS Redshift Databases and how to automate them to feed data-driven customer portals? Do you enjoy architecting ETL processes and improving quality of data for BI reporting? Our Precision Xtract team is hiring an Sr Data Engineer to grow our AWS Redshift and Tableau Systems.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY, but job seekers must currently reside in India.
- You have a background of working with Redshift as an Enterprise Database and S3 for file stores for ingesting and sending data to other systems (internal and external facing).
- You have worked in an offshore/onshore model.
- You enjoy driving new automation of processes and ETL tasks that improve data quality and speed of data delivery.
About The Role:
- The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and ensuring on-going quality management of processes and workflows (Data Pipeline, Analytics Platform, Product Delivery) built on our technology stack to support Precision products and/or applications involving data management and analytics across a range of healthcare information.
- In this role, they will work closely with our Product Management and Delivery teams to understand the needs of our clients (internal and external), the value proposition of our products and design/implement scalable technical solutions to deliver value to our clients. They will actively manage identification and justification of new data/analytics or automation opportunities for the products they support.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Partner with SMEs to develop ad-hoc data queries and support tools
- Manage and improve monthly data operations processes for multiple product lines
- Active contributor on DevOps platforms to systematically manage code-base
- Take ownership of previously built solutions and support future enhancements
- Carry out existing and build new data ETLs for data management
- Manage continuous integration / continuous deploy (CI/CD) pipelines for dashboards and datasets for the organization ensuring change management and version control for data assets
- Conduct risk-based code reviews for solutions authored by our development partners
- Work with the Product Team to implement new application enhancements and features
- Interact with end users, internal users, development vendors, data analysts, and other engagement team members.
- Carry out internal dev tasks as delegated
- Work on automating various data loading as well as data validation tasks
- Minimum 4 years’ experience designing and reviewing complex data ecosystems with focus on data analysis systems including data warehousing, reporting, and strategic analytics
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, et al.), cloud database management (e.g., Redshift)
- Working Experience with Stored procedures preferably for ETL automation
- 2+ years of Data modelling and preferably being a data architect for complex data ecosystems
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Experience leading technical discussions such as technology reviews
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model
- Experience with the US Healthcare system and its key data sources. Experience with US Pharmaceutical Commercialization including Market Access or Commercial Operations
- Experience as a Tableau Administrator and/or development of Tableau dashboards/tools
- Experience with Python
- Experience with an ETL tool or an ETL setup
- Experience with other cloud database management systems like Snowflake / Databricks
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC