Precision for Medicine
The Senior Scientist supervises laboratory staff to support bioanalytical activities. Lead Bioanalysis and Biomarker projects through assay design and development, validation, and execution in a timely manner. Perform assays according to SOPs and support technology development in Ligand Binding platform.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments, independently and accurately analyze and present data
- Provide high quality output with the ability to build efficiency into improving productivity metrics
- Serve as Technical Lead in Ligand Binding Platform
- Assist in establishing and improving all procedures and required SOP documentation
- Responsible for assay trouble shooting and correcting routine scientific issues/problems
- Identify, update and implement emerging laboratory techniques
- Maintain and support lab safety practices and environment
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise
- Support new equipment operational qualifications and performance checks
- Monitor Lab Service/R&D related project expenses
- Act as a scientific resource externally to clients and internally
- Assists with writing, reviewing and editing contract and grant applications/proposals as appropriate
- Assist with writing and publishing papers, abstracts, techniques/or chapters to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company.
- May present completed work at appropriate scientific meetings and in publications
- Supervision of assigned laboratory staff to ensure efficient organization, development and execution of project(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- D. and 6 years’ relevant laboratory experience or
- Master’s Degree and 10 years’ relevant laboratory experience
- Strong background in various technology platforms such as Mesoscale Discovery, Quanterix, Luminex, ELISA.
- Ability to troubleshoot and refine bioanalysis and biomarkers assays such as ADA, PK, Potency Assay, Cytokine and PD biomarker measurement
- Experience in handling various sample matrix such as whole blood, plasma/serum, cell pellets/supernatant, urine and CSF
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze data, as well as prepare technical reports.
- Must possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Softmax, MSD BenchWork, Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary in order to meet business demands
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- A solid understanding of current bioanalytical method validation standards
- Experience supervising or mentoring scientists or technical personnel
- Previous work experience in GLP or GCLP or CLIA regulatory compliance
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC