Biotech Investor Relations Analyst/ Sr Analyst
Precision for Medicine
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a go-getter attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow rapidly? Are you passionate in supporting innovative biotech companies with everything from marketing materials, industry research, to relationship building, event planning and logistics? Do you have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills? Are you passionate about a career in client services? Your dream job is waiting. Keep reading to learn more about us and our exciting Analyst opportunity.
Stern Investor Relations, Inc., a Precision Medicine Group Company, is a leading provider of investor relations services to entrepreneurial healthcare and biotechnology companies. In collaborating with our clients on their larger corporate strategy, we provide a range of services to achieve key investor relations goals, including effective messaging and positioning, enhancing visibility, improving institutional ownership and sell-side coverage, preparing for financings and IPOs, and managing communications for major corporate disclosures.
Our culture is similar to that of a start-up, but part of an established corporate organization. We pride ourselves on being thought leaders in our field, and we are based in New York City, the center of the investment universe!
A successful Analyst candidate will help to advance Stern IR’s mission to provide best-in-class, thought-leading investor relations counsel to biotechnology and healthcare companies. You will work closely with senior account leads in an agency setting to manage client engagements, build and execute investor relations programs focusing on strategic advice and tactical execution, track sector trends and gather and analyze data and plan client events, while supporting the larger business through various marketing initiatives directed towards clients and industry leadership.
- Supporting the development and execution of IR strategies to support clients’ corporate goals, including fundraising and marketing the company to the investment community and other audiences.
- Providing daily logistical and strategic IR support to assigned client accounts.
- Participating in client meetings, including coordinating logistics, preparing agendas, recordkeeping and identifying action items.
- Preparing client deliverables, including backgrounder documents, shareholder reports, analyst models, short interest reports, industry benchmarking reports, competitive intelligence research, quantitative data analyses on peer ownership from SEC filings (targeting), and other research projects.
- Developing corporate communications and presentation materials including press releases, conference call scripts, corporate overview and Board of Directors PowerPoint presentations and Q&A and messaging documents,
- Support the logistical planning and execution of earnings calls, roadshows, industry conferences, medical meetings and other investor events.
- Assist with day-to-day communications with contacts in the life sciences investment community.
- Database maintenance and entry.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior applicable experience (work or internship) in a service industry requiring direct customer interaction
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills, including highly nuanced and technical language
- Excellent communication skills; confident and professional phone and e-mail communication
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task efficiently in a dynamic team environment
- Dedication to accuracy, deadlines, and high-quality work; high ethical and professional standards
- Keen interest in healthcare and/or equity markets
- Comfortable learning new software technology and platforms; Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with a positive attitude; excellent cross-functional collaborator who inspires confidence and trust
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative and works well with little supervision while making judgment calls under pressure
- A problem solver who is resourceful and creative
- Prior experience in investor relations, life sciences, consulting, banking, or financial services.
- Leadership experience, including network and relationship building
- Hybrid workplace – remote / in person
- Corporate focus on wellness, inclusion, philanthropy, and culture
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure; flexible PTO
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match)
- Commitment to employee development and career growth
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC