Director of Financial Reporting
Precision for Medicine
***This role is a hybrid role and requires travel into the Bethesda, MD office 3 times a week.***
This position will play a critical role within the Company’s corporate finance and accounting team supporting financial reporting and analysis. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced finance or accounting professional who desires to join an established industry leader in an entrepreneurial and high growth environment with strong potential for career advancement. The Director of Financial Reporting supports the communication of financial results and insights to the Company’s executive leadership, Board of Directors, investors, and lenders, and will work closely with the CFO and Global Controller.
This highly visible role demands extensive analytics skills and a high level of professionalism. The ideal candidate enjoys thriving in a team-based, challenging, and entrepreneurial atmosphere where prioritizing and multitasking are the norm. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are a must to succeed in this role. Opportunity to join a highly acquisitive global life sciences company that has grown significantly over a short period of time and is backed by the world’s leading private equity firms including Blackstone, TPG, and Berkshire Partners.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Assemble and maintain the monthly consolidating financial statements and monthly consolidating operating metrics
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for the Board of Directors and support ad hoc requests from the Company’s investors
- Assist in further leveraging the capabilities of the Company’s ERP system.
- Support the Company’s operational accounting, with the goal of centralizing functions and building centers of excellence, where possible.
- Support analysis and modeling of consolidated financial and operating results
- Support the coordination and preparation of deliverables related to the Company’s annual external audit
- Help prepare drafts of accounting positions on selected technical accounting topics
- Preparation of financial data/financial statements for internal and external parties which can include but not limited to internal business leaders, clients, landlords, banks, governmental entities, etc.
- Lead and support ad hoc accounting and FP&A projects
- Work closely with executive and finance leadership as well as business unit controllers and CFOs
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a concentration in accounting, economics, or finance, but not a requirement
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Significant experience within a corporate accounting function. Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and fundamental accounting standards
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to process and analyze large volumes of qualitative and quantitative information
- Strong MS Office literacy e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC