Director, Technical Manufacturing Solutions
Precision for Medicine
Project Farma (PF) is the leading advanced therapy technical operations consulting company in the life science industry. We provide biomanufacturing strategy and execution to start up and established gene and cell therapy, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies. We are an industry leader in providing project management, validation, engineering, quality/compliance, and consulting services to support our partners in finding ground-breaking treatments and solutions. We are committed to advancing manufacturing to achieve operational excellence and accelerate speed to market for next-generation medicines. Our culture of philanthropy, teamwork, training and development and commitment is the foundation to our teams’ and partners’ long-term success.
Project Farma is a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Medicine Group, LLC, a leading global life sciences company with over 2,000 employees.
The Director plays a strategic leadership role with relentless focus on Business Development and organizational growth while ensuring Project Delivery via their own billability, as well as, training, mentoring, and coaching their teams in both the evolution and continued operational excellence of Precision for Medicine’s Manufacturing Solutions practice area. Specifically, they are responsible for individualized Business Development activities and organizational growth. This role is primarily client facing with individualized billability to ensure the timely delivery of innovative solutions while keeping abreast of market and technology trends in the industry. In addition, this role is central to identifying and developing resources within the practice area to ensure a high level of expertise, performance, and client focus to stay ahead of the competition. Success in this role requires proven technical expertise combined with business acumen, advanced people and team-building skills, and a consulting mindset to deliver technical and business solutions that align with our Patient Focused and People First mindset.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
Business Development & Strategy
- Own, review, present, and analyze Business Development, Project Delivery, and Team Member activities to Leadership.
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic plans to meet the Manufacturing Solutions Business Development and growth targets.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to meet the Manufacturing Solutions practice area goals of client satisfaction, business and technical performance, and employee engagement.
- Collaborate across the Manufacturing Solutions practice teams to develop solutions for joint business opportunities that meet business objectives.
- Monitor and manage department budgets and planning needs to meet the necessary project requirements.
- Manage new and existing client accounts, focusing on project delivery and actively seeking account growth.
- Work with client’s business/technical leadership to facilitate workflow development, project scope development and risk assessment, issue resolution, and work forecasting and planning.
- Provide direction and innovation in service and/or process improvement, cost reduction, and recommendations for business process optimization.
- Stay current with the latest trends in the biomanufacturing industry and implement strategies that leverage changes in the marketplace into new business opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of our target industries including how each sector works together, interdependencies, emerging trends, and key challenges.
- Maintain Business Development data within customer relationship management (CRM)
- Support strategic creation of cross-site/cross-account Business Development tools creating a force multiplier impact.
- Attend and represent Manufacturing Solutions at ISPE or other networking events.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Project Delivery and Team Member Development
- Build and oversee teams at various client sites/locations to ensure consistency of services, compliant with client and Manufacturing Solutions processes and standards and responsiveness to both client and employee requirements.
- Develop and implement employee performance and development plans to meet individual development and growth, and overall program goals; includes primary responsibility for talent management including overall hiring and termination decisions in collaboration with human resources.
- Direct and manage teams executing projects within the Manufacturing Solutions practice area with overall responsibility for technical solutions, cost, quality, and client satisfaction.
- Lead, inspire, and engage in strategic succession planning to ensure the readiness of future leaders.
- Lead initiatives and projects by ensuring Team Members understand team and individual goals and responsibilities, managing priorities and ensuring timely and high-quality completion of work.
- Set and lead project direction and strategy based on client vision and expected outcomes throughout the entire project delivery life cycle without oversight.
- Provide resource planning, as well as, define project objectives and requirements necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Subject Matter Expert who provides technical direction, training, career development, and performance assessments to ensure highest quality delivery.
- Drive efficiency through team member utilization and support cross-account/cross-region allocations.
- Mentor, train, and coach team members in client engagement, relationship management, and leadership.
- Build and maintain high performing teams ensuring successful account management and growth.
- Supports recruitment and talent identification.
- Develop strategies for the success of the service line or geographic target such as planning, scheduling, estimating, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management, training, and reporting procedures.
- Provide service line or geographic target forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Provide direction and ensure solid execution on local CARES initiatives.
- B.S. or M.S. in Life Sciences, Engineering, Business, or a related discipline and/or comparable military experience.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of advanced therapy, life science, pharmaceutical, or biotech experience.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of managing high-performing teams.
- A minimum of 7 years business development, lead generation, or sales experience.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to the employee's start date with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations when reasonable.
- Travel as needed to fulfill Business Development and Team Member initiatives.
- Experience operating as a trusted strategic advisor to organization decision-makers on short and long-term organizational initiatives.
- Experience translating client visions to set the direction, frame the project, provide clarity to direct reports and client, and deliver results.
- Proven technical/managerial capabilities in developing solutions to engineering and business problems and managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Change Management: Anticipate the impact of change, identify and communicate the need for change, and successfully implement, promote, and execute the acceptance of change across the organization in alignment with strategic goals and initiatives.
- Strategic Prioritization and Decision Making: Consider multiple options, weigh the potential outcomes and risks associated, and choose the most appropriate solution. Clear understanding of the organization’s overall strategy, goals, and vision and an evaluation of external factors such as market and industry trends and competitor analysis and the potential impact on organizational strategy. Commit to and execute strategic priorities in alignment with changing business needs.
- Agility: Identify and progress in an ambiguous, complex, innovative, and constantly changing environment. Foster adaptation and value creation through execution of strategic activities in alignment with market and industry trends.
- People Management: Create partnerships, build trust and credibility with Team Members. Hold Team Members accountable to a high quality of performance, customer focus, and prioritization of deliverables. Retain Team Members through developing their strengths, communicating expectations, providing mentorship, coaching, and encouraging and inspiring others.
In return for your skills, knowledge, and passion, Project Farma offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Aggressive bonus structure
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance effective your first day of employment
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Assistance
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC