Precision for Medicine
Due to our continued growth, Precision for Medicine are hiring a Scientist to join our well-established scientific team in Royston UK who have been supporting biopharmaceutical research for over 25 years.
This role is based at our Royston site in Hertfordshire, UK
The biopharmaceutical industry continues to undergo transformational change with new and exciting developments in biotherapeutics, immune oncology, companion diagnostics and personalised healthcare. As a global leader in the provision of clinical biomarker based solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry, we are developing and expanding our research and clinical services in the UK to serve this expanding market and are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated genomics IHC scientist to join the team and contribute to the growth of the company.
We are looking for an efficient, experienced candidate who is proactive and an independent thinker, willing to work within and support a close-knit team.
KEY POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively design, develop and execute automated IHC and mIF assays to support services projects, ensuring assays encompass relevant tissues, reagents and controls.
- Design and perform experiments, independently and accurately analyse and report data
- Provide high quality output, intellectual and practical expertise for delivery of services projects
- Generate, protect, and maintain integrity (quality control) of raw, analyzed, reported data and associated metadata, including samples, reagents, methodology details and results.
- Keep organized, accurate and up-to-date paper and electronic scientific records and other operational records required.
- Act as Study Personnel for GLP studies and GCLP regulatory studies, ensuring that all studies are performed in compliance with the principles of GLP or GCLP as required and maintaining current knowledge of the regulatory requirements relevant to the role.
- Effectively manage all project work within timelines and budgets set.
- Assist in establishing, improving and validating processes with the associated compliant documentation
- Responsible for trouble shooting and correcting scientific issues/problems
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise
- Maintain and support safe lab practices and environment
- Comply with all quality management, regulatory compliance and project management processes (GxP, HTA, H&S).
- Endeavour to continually improve working efficiency and improve productivity.
- Actively participate in performance review and personal development processes required.
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet our on-going needs.
- Minimum requirement to hold a Degree (BSc or equivalent) in Biological Science, ideally with a minimum of 1 year practical experience in a histopathology laboratory
- Experience in generating, analysing and reporting high quality research data using automated IHC
- Experience with digital image analysis will be a strong advantage
- Must have the ability to organise and analyse data, and prepare well written reports
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills required
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical and accurate, ability to prioritise tasks
- Must possess strong computational skills, experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point
- Team player, able to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated, committed, competent, enthusiastic and energetic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet time and quality-based objectives
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Honest and with obvious integrity and professionalism
- Based in the UK with the right to work full time in the UK
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to attend and work outside of normal hours when required to meet business demands and support our on call rota.
- Role will be predominantly laboratory-based work, but with a requirement for extended periods of computer work for data analysis and reporting.
- Contact with human biological specimens and sharps on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity;
- May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC to -196ºC)
- HepB vaccination is required / can be provided.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC