Senior Medical Editor
Precision for Medicine
Work remotely or hybrid from our Gladstone, NJ office!
PRECISIONvalue is the top payer marketing agency in the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the globe.
We will recognize your achievements and contributions. Plus, we believe that the opportunity you will have to learn from external training, mentorship, and working with cross-functional project teams, along with our advancement opportunities, will allow you to realize your full potential.
Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? If you have proven editorial experience in an agency environment, love science and are passionate about having a role in the development and delivery of high- quality materials to ensure the overall success of the projects for our pharmaceutical clients, we would love to hear from you.
Are you an experienced Senior Medical Editor in the medical or pharmaceutical communications industry? Do you get excited working with a respected team that ensures the highest editorial quality in the work crafted for top pharma clients? If so, let's talk.
- “error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules-- using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide and the rules of proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and a keen fact-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with A-team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy.
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once and do your best work in an energizing environment
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
- Participate in the content review process, reviewing and editing content of each project for correct spelling, grammar, consistency, balance tone, fulfillment of creative brief, correct client and AMA style, and appropriate and accurate referencing
- Participate in development phase to initiate consistency in content and presentation outline
- Collaborates with authors and account management team on content revisions and works with clinical writers, account teams, production, and other staff to increase ease of project completion
- Represent department at internal start up and status meetings
- Ensure all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission process and support the MLR process as needed
- Develop and maintain editorial style guides for interdepartmental use
- Mentoring/training of department staff members and other partners as needed
- Assist with the medical/legal/regulatory submission preparation as needed
- Other projects may include writing and crafting internal or corporate materials
Minimum required: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
- 5+ years of editing experience in the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of AMA (11th edition) style
- Experienced in editing both print and digital materials and routing electronic files
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- 3+ years’ experience in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or MLR submissions systems
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC