Senior Director, Primary Data Collection
Precision for Medicine
Senior Director, Primary Data Collection
Are you looking to work with a dynamic team of industry leading professionals in the HEOR space? Is your passion leading Primary Data Collection studies that improve healthcare outcomes worldwide? Our Primary Data Collection team is hiring a Senior Director to help lead teams of research professionals conducting client studies in the pharmaceutical and biotech space; operating as a thought leader, problem solver and consultative expert.
- You are an experienced health economics and outcomes research consultant who has experience designing and executing end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You have deep expertise in qualitative and mixed methods approaches, in particular preference elicitation and patient-centered outcomes research, and can clearly explain the rationale, methods/results, and strategy for studies to project teams, clients, and external stakeholders.
- You understand strengths and limitations of alternative approaches and propose applications/solutions of new or existing methods tailored to a specific research question.
- You have lead and strategized dissemination of research through peer-reviewed manuscripts, conferences, and other presentations, and have a solid publication track record.
- You have experience in study ideation, research proposal development, and targeting new opportunities with current and new customers.
About The Role:
The Senior Director will be responsible for overseeing and managing our primary data collection offering. The successful candidate will demonstrate a mix of HEOR scientific expertise and a passion for building and growing our industry foothold in health economics and outcomes research, cultivating key client relationships, and finding opportunities to improve delivery efficiency. This includes expanding the breadth and scope of the primary data collection offering, building new revenue-generating opportunities (e.g., strategic partnerships, novel methods of primary data collection, HTA facing evidence generation efforts, other) and collaborating across HEOR and adjacent business units with the intention of providing larger, cross functional, integrated HEOR offerings to clients..
As a Senior Director overseeing research projects, you will be responsible for ensuring overall quality; develop recommendations based on expected impact; communicate risks and opportunities to ensure staff alignment; and assume the role of senior decision maker able to take accountability for outcomes. You will be accountable for timely delivery and financial performance across projects you lead. You will review and sign off on deliverables as client ready including protocols, statistical analysis plans, technical reports, and slides, as well as identify necessary deviations from templates to ensure content aligns with objectives
As a client manager, you will provide final sign-off on update slides/minutes and actions for the overall study; own relationships with clients and be viewed as a deep subject matter expert. You will act as the senior advisor on client calls and in responses to emails as well as proactively manage client expectations and work with team members to implement strategies to problem solve on a client or project-basis.
In addition to research project responsibilities, the Senior Director will be involved in business development, participating in sales calls, leading study conceptualization, and drafting proposals for clients. Senior Directors will also have line management responsibilities which include ensuring appropriate staffing and creating development plans for their direct reports.
- 10-15+ years of experience, at least 5 in a consulting environment
- Master’s degree in a subject related to health services research e.g., health economics, epidemiology, public health, or biostatistics
- Proven record of leadership capabilities, including success building and retaining teams pointed at primary data collection research and delivery.
- Previous exposure to and understanding of the tenets of qualitative and mixed methods research
- Strong knowledge of HEOR, pharmaceutical industry, health policy, and payer value assessment and HTA evidence requirements in the US and globally.
- Proven business acumen
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead a diverse and interdisciplinary team of researchers
- Ability to line-manage and mentor direct reports and ensure positive staff well-being/team dynamic
- Established record of relevant peer-reviewed scientific publications and congress presentations
- PhD in a subject related to health services research or pharmacoeconomics e.g., health economics, , epidemiology, or biostatistics
- Strong working knowledge of modern econometric, preference elicitation, epidemiological, and observational research methods.
- Willingness and desire to learn and share knowledge
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC