Document Control Specialist
Precision for Medicine
The Document Control Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and management of controlled documents and records for Precision for Medicine as well as provide administrative support to the quality assurance team.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
Quality Assurance, Document Control - General
- Facilitate the electronic document control process regarding new or existing Quality System Documents, and other related records, and tracking the status of documents during their life cycle: draft, peer review, approved, effective, retired / obsolete, etc.
- Work with owners/originators, reviewers and approvers to facilitate document control workflow, ensuring proper document formatting and organization
- Ensure right-first-time review prior to formal review process, by quality management, to ensure good documentation practices, readability (clear and concise) and compliance with internal standards. This includes reporting gaps to senior management and providing guidance to document owners regarding how to create, remediate or correct documents
- Assist with Quality Systems Procedure revision as part of an integration process: keeping track of originating procedures and the new / integrated procedures as well as all related documents (manuals, forms, flowcharts)
- Assign training workflows for new or revised quality system procedures and for new employees
- Maintain document security
- Coordinate Periodic Review of Documents to owners
- Upload existing/new revision documents to the PLN portal or Precision PLN sites
- Conduct training for new and existing employees on electronic quality management system.
- Locate, review, submit, and reconcile document/record requests during audits
- Ensure timely response to documentation requests for audits
- Prepare welcome packet folders for upcoming audits
- Update procedure binders for upcoming audits
- Prepare Dossiers on Employees Training Binders that are selected
- Raw Material (RM) label requests, communicating and coordinating with departments, reviewing requests and printing RM labels
- Other duties as defined by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience with ISO 9001/13485 standards
- Obtain Document Control certification within first year
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform administrative functions
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Must be a flexible agile team player who can change activities and directions quickly and respond to a variety of assignments and changing business needs.
- Ability and willingness to travel between locations when business needs dictate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license allowing you to drive in the state(s) you drive in
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally including overnight stays
- Must be able to read, write, speak, fluently and comprehend the English language
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC