Manager, Technical Manufacturing Solutions
Precision for Medicine
Project Farma (PF) is the leading advanced therapy technical operations consulting company in the life science industry. We provide biomanufacturing strategy and execution to start up and established gene and cell therapy, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies. We are an industry leader in providing project management, validation, engineering, quality/compliance, and consulting services to support our partners in finding ground-breaking treatments and solutions. We are committed to advancing manufacturing to achieve operational excellence and accelerate speed to market for next-generation medicines. Our culture of philanthropy, teamwork, training and development and commitment is the foundation to our teams’ and partners’ long-term success.
Project Farma is a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Medicine Group, LLC, a leading global life sciences company with over 2,000 employees.
The Manager plays a key leadership role in both the growth and continued operational excellence at Manufacturing Solutions. Specifically, they are responsible for the mentorship and development of our next generation of leaders, providing strategy and industry expertise in key engineering and manufacturing projects, driving and/or supporting business development initiatives, and managing resource allocation for a given market(s). Lastly, the ideal candidate will maintain a strong focus on Project Farma’s Patient Focused philosophy and represent the organization in alignment with our values.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
Business Development & Strategy Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent Manufacturing Solutions as a Manager who interfaces with partners as a trusted Partner, Account, Site and/or Project Owner.
- Attend and represent Manufacturing Solutions at ISPE or other networking events.
- Apply understanding of Manufacturing Solutions target industries including how each sector works together, interdependencies, emerging trends, and key challenges to strategic initiatives.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manage and grow assigned accounts in line with organizational growth targets.
- Cultivate relationships within and outside of client project team to support account and broader goals.
- Manage new and existing client accounts, focusing on project delivery, actively seek to maintain and grow accounts and Team allocation.
- Execute networking or philanthropic initiatives with client participation across their market.
- Maintain business development data within customer relationship management (CRM)
- Support strategic creation of cross site/cross account business development tools creating a force multiplier impact.
- Review, present, and analyze Business Development, Project Delivery, and Team Member activities to Regional Leadership.
Project Delivery and Team Member Mentorship and Development Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead strategic succession planning to ensure the readiness of future leaders.
- Lead initiatives and projects by ensuring Team Members understand team and individual goals and responsibilities, managing priorities, and ensuring timely and high-quality completion of work.
- Set and lead project direction and strategy based on client vision and expected outcomes throughout the entire project delivery life cycle with minimal oversight.
- Provide resource planning, as well as define project objectives and requirements necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Subject Matter Expert who provides technical direction, training, career development, and performance assessments for project Team Members.
- Drive efficiency through team member utilization and support cross-account/cross-region allocations.
- Mentor, train, and coach team members in client engagement, relationship management, and leadership.
- Build and maintain high performing teams ensuring successful account management and growth.
- Develop strategies for the success of the service line or market target such as planning, scheduling, estimating, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management, training, and reporting procedures.
- Provide service line or market target forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Support recruitment and talent identification.
Education and Experience Required:
- B.S. or M.S. in Life Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline and/or comparable military experience.
- Typically, a minimum of 8 years of advanced therapy, life science, pharmaceutical, or biotech experience.
- Typically, 6 years of managing high-performing teams.
- Typically, 4 years business development, lead generation, or sales experience.
- Experience translating client visions to set the direction, frame the project, provide clarity to direct reports and client, and deliver results.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to the Team Member’s start date with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations when reasonable.
- Travel as needed to fulfill Business Development and Team Member initiatives.
- Change Management: Anticipate the impact of change, identify, and communicate the need for change and successfully implement, promote, and execute the acceptance of change across the organization in alignment with strategic goals and initiatives.
- Strategic Prioritization and Decision Making: Consider multiple options, weigh the potential outcomes and risks associated, and choose the most appropriate solution. Clear understanding of the organization’s overall strategy, goals, and vision and an evaluation of external factors such as market and industry trends and competitor analysis and the potential impact on organizational strategy. Commit to and execute strategic priorities in alignment with changing business needs.
- Agility: Identify and progress in an ambiguous, complex, innovative, and constantly changing environment. Foster adaptation and value creation through execution of strategic activities in alignment with market and industry trends.
- People Management: Create partnerships, build trust and credibility with Team Members. Hold Team Members accountable to a high quality of performance, customer focus, and prioritization of deliverables. Retain Team Members through developing their strengths, communicating expectations, providing mentorship, coaching, and encouraging and inspiring others.
In return for your skills, knowledge, and passion, Project Farma offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Aggressive bonus structure
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance effective your first day of employment
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Assistance
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC