Associate Director, Product Management Biomarker Data Analytics
Precision for Medicine
QuartzBio (www.quartz.bio ) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions provider to the life sciences industry. We deliver innovative, data enabling technologies (i.e., software) that provide biotech/pharma (R&D) teams with enterprise-level access to sample/biomarker data management solutions & analytics, information, insight & reporting capabilities.
Our end-to-end (from sample collection to biomarker data) suite of solutions are focused on providing sponsors information (data with context) – we do this by connecting biospecimen, assay as well as clinical data sources in a secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless, automated data management workflows, key insight development, improved collaboration, and the ability to make faster, more informed decisions.
As we continue to expand our product management team, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior Manager Product management in Biospecimen operations analytics subject domain to lead product management of our product (product that enables analytics on sample inventory data) . This leadership role is responsible for driving product leadership in laying out the vision, creating integrated sample inventory operations data platform & analytics roadmaps by working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, and building the product through collaboration with multiple teams (Eng, QA, Data sciences, Infra).
- Product vision:
- Research and determine client and Market needs for a sample inventory operations analytics product.
- Collate and distill ideas, to create a backlog of feature and component ideas for building analytics around sample inventory.
- Create and manage a visual representation of the vision around sample inventory analytics
- Ensure that the analytics product roadmap (features across releases) aligns with the product vision.
- Product Strategy:
- Assess current product and platform, identify key components and feature groups that needs to be available for satisfying vision of the sample inventory analytics product.
- Analyze current technical landscape (Data Sciences, ML & AI) to incorporate AI features for sample inventory analytics
- Deep Collaboration with data platform product team for data ingestion, data quality, data transformation of sample operations data to provision for sample inventory analytics
- Conceptualize short term, mid-term and future state of analytics of the various persona using the sample inventory analytics.
- Define and create strategy around descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics around sample inventory analytics
- Create sample inventory analytics strategy framework that enables creation of library of out of the box analytics and enabled continuous enhancement of the library though implementation.
- Product Roadmaps:
- Create sample inventory analytics product scope by decomposing product to components, subcomponents, feature groups, features and map the features to end user benefits
- Collaborate with data platform team as a Biospecimen & sample operations SME for an integrated sample operations data platform and analytics roadmap
- Perform and Lead sample operations analytics feature prioritization based on end user, internal and external stakeholder needs
- Collaborate with engineering and QA groups for discovery workshops and to enable estimation of the features
- Publish and manage roadmaps that meets the stakeholder requirements and schedule.
- Product Feature Requirements:
- Create and maintain channels for sample operations analytics features intake process (ideas to features)
- Act as a Lead SME for sample operations data processing to the data platform team during integrated release planning stage.
- Manage product backlog and plan out the feature selection as part of release planning process
- Enable Business analysts to detail the data platform features to user stories and low fidelity wireframes
- Enable Product design team for data platform user research, user experience and to create high fidelity wireframes
- Product Releases:
- Lead Product grooming sessions with product development functional groups (Engg, Data sciences, QA)
- Perform and lead product management efforts as part of Agile product development efforts (clarifications, follow-ups, feedback on development & QA)
- Lead collaboration with Product QA to plan our test and validation release strategy specific to sample operations analytics
- Plan and lead strategical and tactical workarounds (by working with development teams) in case of bottle necks, roadblocks during product development
- Lead collaboration with vendor teams in case of buy and partnership scenarios in building out components of the sample operations analytics product
- Lead collaboration with product operations team for all aspects of product release process for every major, minor and sub-minor releases.
- Post release:
- Lead collaboration efforts with product support team to set up hyper-care team and process after every release
- Lead collection and analysis of release feedback to incorporate the feedback as feature enhancements for future releases
- Lead triage of defects and bugs, identify workarounds and collaborate with product support team
- As necessary, plan out minor and sub-minor versions of product release with product operations team and other functional groups
- Product Usage:
- Define and manage metrics framework for measuring data platform business goals, product implementation, end user satisfaction and delight (Business metrics, Implementation metrics, Usage metrics, adoption metrics)
- Collaborate with finance and senior leadership team to measure and improve product financial goals (SaaS finance metrics)
- Define, manage product management operational metrics to improve his/her product management function
- Product Stakeholder management
- Conduct Periodic stakeholder meetings to provide update on product strategy and releases
- Build strong relationship with data platform technical and QA lead to deliver product releases.
- Create and execute framework to collaborate with stakeholders across internal R&D team and collaboration across other functional groups such as sales/Marketing, Product support, finance.
- Build and execute framework to get product strategy inputs from external stakeholders
- Thought Leadership
- Collaborate with Marketing & content team to publish articles for though leadership in sample operations analytics
- Conduct sessions (individually or through networks) on building next generation sample operations analytics.
- Team Leadership
- Build and lead a high-performing team of Business analysts, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Set clear objectives, provide coaching and mentorship, and evaluate team performance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in product/service/project/program management or software development, delivering large scale software products or services.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams.
- 10 + years of experience in Clinical operations (with preference to sample & biospecimen operations)
- Strong experience in solutioning around processing and analytics of Clinical operations data
- Proven track record of a subject and domain expert in Clinical operations
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills, with a track record of managing and developing high-performing Business analyst teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to convey complex Business technical strategies to both Business and technical stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data-driven insights to inform decisions.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to make critical decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Experience in Biospecimen and sample operations
- Experience in product management of building SaaS Platforms
- Experienced in creating product strategy & roadmaps
- Experience in AI enabled solutions
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC