Precision for Medicine
Are you an experienced technology solutions leader in the social media and digital opinion space? Do you have experience leveraging data to drive insights into how people think and expanding information bandwidth? PrecisionXTRACT is hiring a Solutions Architect to help design and deliver new offerings to our Pharmaceutical Industry customers.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY, but job seekers must currently reside in United States (ideally in US Eastern time zone).
- You have a proven track record of designing and delivering new products that leverage social media and digital opinion data, and leading teams in the technical delivery of those products.
- You can engage with business stakeholders in the healthcare space to understand use cases and needs at the health care provider level.
- You enjoy still being near the code base and thinking about the entire tech stack of a solution.
About The Role:
The Solution Architect (SA) will partner with business, design, and engineering teams to translate product epics/features to scalable, high performing, and modern SaaS solutions. This position will define technical solutions and own the architecture roadmap for the group. The SA will provide technical leadership for the evolving architectural capabilities of the entire solution. The SA is accountable to identify areas of opportunity to drive efficient and scalable solutions.
The SA will be joining a new, cross-product development team based in the US and India. As a senior individual contributor, the SA will mentor and guide the engineering team on best practices and train on new technologies. These best practices include migration from AWS LAMP stack to a more scalable, AWS infrastructure supporting automation and integrated AI tools.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to: (This is NOT meant to be an exhaustive task list)
- Leading, developing, implementing and maintaining Architecture Roadmap strategies for improving system scalability, reliability, supportability, security, and performance.
- Develop solid relationships with key internal and external clients to ensure that business needs are fully understood and IT solutions are fully aligned to meet the stated business needs.
- Lead the Architecture assessment planning for system retirements and migrations to new platforms.
- Provide guidance to IT Infrastructure and Application teams on Architecture’s Frameworks, Patterns, Best Practices, and Programming concepts.
- Assess vendor solutions via Product Demonstrations and Proof of Concepts to determine their alignment with our stated goal.
- Design, implement and administer platform tools to support the development of software products
- Introduce new frameworks and strategies to boost the team's productivity.
- Prepare architecture documentation to communicate strategies and plans to technical management and teams
- Follows established procedures for change management across applications where changes are necessary
- Creates documentation such as WIKI articles for common processes that are repeated and can be shared with others
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of the root cause and impact of the defect.
- Identify and develop new and emerging technologies as well as internal/external competencies required to be best in class.
- Lead improvements to system/application performance and stability with ongoing and future projects
- Collaborates with the business to understand their requirement and partners with other IT platforms and IT shared services to provide solutions and ideas to the business.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals.
- Evaluate and qualify technology solutions/platforms.
- Defines technology road maps and collaboration with senior-level stakeholders.
- Defines standard architecture models for standard products / common application needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/engineering OR equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience solutioning and architecting software solutions including experience in strategic planning and execution.
- 7+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects for both off-the-shelf and custom-developed applications.
- 4+ years of experience as a full stack developer or similar role developing web applications.
- Experience with multiple database technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift, MySQL, SQL Server) inclusive of architecting data structures and data management processes
- Experience architecting full-stack solutions on cloud services (Azure and AWS)
- Experience in writing monitoring and data extraction tools in Java, Python, or Unix Shell
- Experience with Content Management Platforms and Document Management Platforms
- Experience working with a team following Agile software development lifecycle practices
- Experience with integrating tests and new technologies into in-place CI frameworks
- Experience working with GitLab, Azure DevOps, Jira, or similar systems for software development lifecycle management, source control, branching, and/or CI/CD pipelines
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC