Precision for Medicine
The ideal candidate would be an Anatomic Pathology/histopathology trained individual experienced with microscopic examination of human tissue samples. Board certification and/or medical license to practice are not necessary.
The Staff Pathologist would join two full-time Pathologists and primarily perform services in support of a world-class tissue biorepository. This biorepository position involves classification of tumors and medical disease through the examination of case data, FFPE tissue samples, and microscopic slides (glass and digital images). The duties of this position are industry-serving only with no clinical responsibilities. Specifically, the position involves no patient diagnostics, frozen section coverage, postmortem examination, or call responsibility.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Histopathologic classification and quality assessment of diverse FFPE sample types
- Collaborate with Medical Directors, Biorepository Manager and Site Director to ensure efficient delivery of services
- MD or equivalent with board eligibility in Anatomic Pathology
- Excellent managerial, organizational, reporting and communication skills
- Collaboration skills and the ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with internal and external team members
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining professional demeanor
- Ability to self-organize and operate effectively without day-to-day oversight
- Commitment to reflect Precision for Medicine’s values
- Maintain confidentiality
- Professional and mature emphasis on Client Service and project delivery
- Comply with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, ISO, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently, and comprehend the English language
- Experience with Excel or similar data spreadsheet formats
- 1+ years of experience in diagnostic histopathology
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC