Senior Scientist Flow Cytometry
Precision for Medicine
Lead flow cytometry projects through assay design and development, validation, and execution in a timely manner. Perform assays according to SOPs and support development of new procedures and improvement of existing SOPs. As required, supervise assigned laboratory staff to ensure efficient organization, development, and execution of project(s).
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Perform Flow cytometry assays, as well as, other immune assays, following SOPs to generate high quality data.
- Design and perform experiments, independently and accurately analyze and present data
- Assist in establishing and improving all procedures and required SOP documentation
- Responsible for trouble shooting and correcting routine scientific issues/problems
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise
- Must have direct experience in operating BD flow cytometers and cell sorters including FACSymphony A3 and A5, LSRFortessa X-20, FACSCanto, and FACSLyric.
- Demonstrate an expertise with BD FACSDiva, FlowJo and other flow analysis software
- Support new equipment operational qualifications and performance checks; identify, update and implement emerging laboratory techniques
- Independently lead new flow projects, working internally with project team and externally with the client.
- Ensure all work is conducted within the contracted scope of work and actively monitor related project expenses
- Assists with writing, reviewing and editing proposals as appropriate
- Assist with writing and publishing papers, abstracts, techniques/or chapters to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company.
- Maintain and support safe lab practices and environment
- May present completed work at appropriate scientific meetings and in publications
- Supervision of assigned laboratory staff to ensure efficient organization, development and execution of project(s)
- Lead a small team in services related to R&D activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. and 6+ years’ relevant laboratory experience or
- Master’s Degree and 10+ years’ relevant laboratory experience
- Experience with more complex flow assays such as measurement of phosphorylation or receptor occupancy on cellular subsets and/or T cell specificity using tetramer reagents
- Ability to troubleshoot and refine biological assays, particularly flow cytometry
- Expert level flow cytometry skills using both whole blood and isolated cells
- Demonstrated skills in monitoring cell-mediated immunity through flow cytometry, primary cell-based assays as well as, ELISpot, ELISA, and multiplexed cytokine techniques such as Mesoscale or Luminex
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze data, as well as prepare reports
- Must possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism, Diva, and Flowjo
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary to meet business demands
- The ability to see and differentiate between colors on the full color spectrum
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently, and comprehend the English language
- A solid understanding of current GLP and/or ISO/CAP/CLIA standards
- Experience supervising or mentoring scientists or technical personnel
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.