Senior Policy Manager - South
Unite Us is seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Policy Manager to focus on government policy and practice. A Senior Policy Manager will identify ways that Unite Us can support the strategic goals of government leaders and work with our partners to ensure the successful implementation of new initiatives. The Senior Policy Manager may be assigned to focus on particular regions of the country.
The Senior Policy Manager will work on the team of the Vice President of Regulatory and Government Affairs to develop strategies for Unite Us to deepen its relationships with government partners and accelerate its progress in transforming our system of health and human services in the United States. The Senior Policy Manager will play a critical role in analyzing federal and state policies, developing written materials, engaging with existing and future partners, and developing processes for implementation. Potential areas of work include health equity, Medicaid transformation, reentry initiatives, maternal health, and models for supporting older Americans and individuals with substance use disorders. Beyond the responsibilities of a Policy Manager, Senior Policy Managers are expected to assume responsibility for leading or supporting nationwide initiatives and managing internal processes.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Public Policy or a related field strongly preferred
- At least eight years of work experience in policy, government and/or the healthcare industry
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- The ability to lead the creation and implementation of nationwide initiatives
- Creative thinking and a passion for social impact
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn software technologies such as Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, HubSpot, Asana, etc.
The Unite Us Story:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they saw barriers and inefficiencies among their veteran community in trying to navigate the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for everyone in need through technology that connects people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based. Residence in the Southeast or Southwest Region of the U.S. is required.
- The target pay range for this role is: $120,000-130,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges
- This position may require up to 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.