PET CT Technologist
US Heart and Vascular
Katy, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent patient care, acting with professionalism and empathy at all times.
- Provides patient care in a timely manner, communicates with radiologist, and works efficiently as a team member.
- Preforms a variety of tasks and works under general supervision.
- Helps maintain quality control of CT machine.
- Follows radiation safety techniques.
- Performs diagnostic CT studies on patients as prescribed by physician and explains procedure to patients to assure cooperation and optimal test results.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity.
- Adhere to guidelines for sterilizing and cleaning of radiologic equipment.
- Administer contrast material.
- View images and adjust parameters to achieve high quality diagnostic imaging.
- Follows and enforces Pima Heart policies and procedures.
- Successfully complete in person device/application specific training.
- Safeguard the privacy of patient health information.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prepare for procedures including moving patients
- Must have the ability to work independently as this is not a suitable position for a new graduate.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology
- Must be a current licensed CT Technologist in the State of Texas.
- Must be registered with ARRT.
- BLS/CPR Certification
- Experience with cardiac imaging preferred.
- Experience scanning on Siemens machine preferred.
Full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Work Location: Cardiology Center of Houston located in Katy, TX