VEDA Data Solutions
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners, and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. And, our Flexible PTO policy allows employees to take the time off necessary to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
We value the ability to represent technical complexity to non-technical peers and clients as well as understanding the technical impacts of requests. In this newly created role, you will apply an intense curiosity and humility in developing yourself as a Veda SME and technical business partner within the Sci Tech organization. This highly visible individual contributor is an embedded business partner for engineering leadership, ensuring the execution, tracking and reporting of well defined and estimated deliverables reaching completion on time and on budget.
Success in this role will be evaluated based on the ability to improve visibility by optimizing data driven management of our daily reporting systems and providing clear and detailed reporting to engineering leadership and executive stakeholders.
- In partnership with the Director, Application Development, ensure the successful delivery of technical projects related to data intake and transformation.
- Collaborate with customers, internal customer teams and your engineering team to lead efforts to convert business requirements to execution-ready technical requirements
- Champion data driven management of internal communications to keep stakeholders well informed about ongoing initiatives from the beginning to end, including items not currently prioritized
- Develop trusted partnership with cross functional stakeholders with a clear grasp of business initiatives and priorities
- Actively contribute to maintaining the product backlog with direction from your Director or lead, the growth team, customer organization, and the engineering team
- Work with Customer team to develop a deep knowledge of our customer use cases, business logic and the upstream and downstream impacts to technical workflows
Reporting & Analytics:
- Under direction of your Director or Team Lead, contribute to the design and production of program reporting dashboard customized to each group of stakeholders: executive team, department heads, Director or Team Leads and full company
- Produce reports your Director or Team Lead requires to track team performance, project progress, system health, etc.
- Develop your subject matter expertise by contributing to release product and process documentation
- Organize and manage your team’s knowledge base in Confluence for both internal and external content
- You’re an independent self-starter with a strong ability to think strategically while operating within a fast-pace, high-growth business.
- You are comfortable and effective in customer facing roles as well as in leading engineering teams through technical conversations. You have learned to represent technical complexity to non-technical peers and clients and can quickly understand the technical impacts of requests.
- You are familiar with relational database concepts, as well as data transformation processes, ETL, or data pipelines.
- You are often unsatisfied with first result in pursuit of the highest degree of quality and accuracy
- You’re a person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity. You have a naturally persuasive communication style with an innate ability to clearly communicate effectively.
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and possess enthusiasm while demonstrating your relationship-building skills, across internal and external stakeholders.
- 4+ years of experience supporting, measuring & maintaining performance of data and/or software products
- You have a technical background and have demonstrated experience as an engineer, developer, architect, or similar role with the ability to read and understand code.
- Tech Skills (basic python/sql/git/AWS/JIRA, OpenAPI spec, OAuth 2.0)
- You have demonstrated experience in taking high level business requirements and turning them into technical solutions
- Fluent in developing understanding and balancing stakeholder needs
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA or Ireland.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!