Director, Business Development
VEDA Data Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners, and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. And, our Flexible PTO policy allows employees to take the time off necessary to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
Veda is seeking a motivated Director, Business Development to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Director, Business Development will be responsible for selling the Veda platform into new accounts, as well as managing and expanding existing accounts.
This individual will execute national deals and manage the sales process end-to-end, and develop long-term relationships with key senior health plan leaders. and lead the sales strategy and execution to effectively provide solutions to these clients. As we expand and enhance our product portfolio, your partnership with our Product, Marketing and Customer teams will be critical to effectively scaling and ensuring the successful growth of our business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive new market expansion for Veda, scale and identify relevant opportunities and potential partners
- Engage key stakeholders, and evangelize Veda’s value proposition to payers, ultimately leading to signed contracts and expanded business with health plans
- Drive top-line growth, and amplify Veda in the marketplace as the business continues to scale nationally
- Influence the evolving sales process and strategy at Veda, while executing on a complex sales process
- Collaborate graciously and mentor our growing team to support the company’s commitment to coaching and collaboration.
- You have significant experience in B2B Healthcare sales with at least 5 years dedicated to Healthcare Payers and Insurance providers networks
- You have a commitment to excellence in everything you do and know that teamwork can be a great component to achieving that level of success
- You are not intimidated by the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth environment;
- You believe in a consultative sales approach when introducing new technologies and know how to identify key influencers and stakeholders
- You are Analytical – you are proactive, have a high degree and a keen eye for spotting patterns, problems, and anomalies across large sets of data
- 10+ years in B2B sales and marketing, lead generation, prospecting, or business development
- Thorough understanding of the overall healthcare industry with specific expertise in the enterprise payer markets
- Ability to think critically and apply data-driven influence to decision making
- Experience managing complex sales cycles that represent a multi-year engagement
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA or Ireland.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!