VEDA Data Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners, and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. And, our Flexible PTO policy allows employees to take the time off necessary to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
Veda is looking for a value-creation and growth expert with a proven track record in achieving scalable and profitable ARR growth in a B2B SaaS environment. We’re looking for an individual with a strong background in complex sales and the ability to build and lead a strategic sales team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of all sales activities with a focus on national and regional payors and partnerships across the end-to-end customer life cycle, enabling growth through go-to-market efficiencies and alignment to revenue goals This individual will play a critical role as a member of Veda’s leadership team.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Ability to ensure sustainable growth through the continuous assessment of markets and targeted accounts.
- Lead all negotiations with prospects and customers resulting in contract execution.
- Create an environment where industry knowledge and client-specific requirements and trends are built into all go-to-market discussions.
- Build and oversee solutions-oriented sales and business development to drive strategic relationships across multiple channels, including providers, payers, and self-funded employers.
- Develop and track KPIs for sales, such as quota setting, territory mapping, post-implementation outcomes, compensation, etc.
- Own sales reporting, including pipeline updates and board reports.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the sales organization, develop sales strategy, and track metrics.
- Recruit, develop, hold accountable, and retain top talent across the team.
- Hire and inspire high-performers who understand the size and importance of the opportunity in front of them. Proactively seek out strong leaders and collaborators.
- Set appropriate goals and guardrails that empower the sales team to succeed and grow while remaining in alignment with company goals and direction.
- Craft ROI-driven value stories differentiated and targeted to each market, customer, and/or product. Identify and support needed marketing campaigns to expand pipeline opportunities.
- Understand driving fee-for-service and value-based partnerships with payers, other providers, and self-funded employers.
- Match clients with appropriately-structured partnerships and contract terms (including scope, timelines, and budget) to maximize Veda’s top and bottom line.
- Display an excitement to work in a collaborative environment and act as a true thought partner to the CEO and the Executive team.
- Work cross-functionally with the Leadership team to align and maintain balance amongst respective team goals, creating appropriate compromise where needed.
- 10+ years of proven success where candidate demonstrated the ability to build and scale a sales organization with extensive experience in the healthcare industry focused on selling into payors and integrated delivery systems. Understanding of government programs, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Experience selling into providers, payers, and self-funded employer groups, with the ability to leverage existing relationships across all three channels.
- Demonstrated oral, written, interpersonal, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interface at all levels in an organization, including C-Suite. This applies both internally and within the customer’s organization.
- Experience building, scaling, and leading solutions-oriented teams across sales, sales operations, and customer success.
- Background in Payer and Provider services required. Background in Healthcare, Life Sciences, HCIT, and/or Digital Health a plus.
- Must have proven ability selling a novel technology and/or service which is changing the status quo across the entire healthcare ecosystem (providers, payers, employers, and consumers). An understanding of health plans legacy systems architecture and processes around provider data management required.
- Ability to orchestrate a consultative and seamless end-to-end client management approach from pre-sale through implementation, renewal, and upsell.
- Experience driving partnerships across the healthcare system - including those driving referrals or involving targeting care and shared risk.
- Experience building the early processes, systems, and infrastructure for successful outreach, conversion, and sales.
- Experience working effectively with a B2B marketing organization. Ideally has worked well with distributed, remote teams.
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA or Ireland.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!